October Square-A-Day CAL!

LavenderBear

Hello! I came up with an idea this past week about how to build up my granny squares in order to have plenty on hand for piecing together afghans, scarves, and more! This is what I decided, and I hope MANY of you will join me! :yes

I am going to make at least one square per day for the WHOLE month of October! Those will give me a minimum of 31 squares, not including the ones I will be making during the monthly charity square-a-long I also host here at C'Ville! :hook

If you would like to join me, please sign up and start with me tomorrow as it will already be October 1st!! :yay

Just a few notes! Feel free to join in anytime this month, even if you don't start on October 1st!! And you can make these squares for yourself, for a charity, or whoever you'd like and in any patterns or colors you choose! :manyheart

I can't wait to get started!! :clap

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to do this. I love to try squares and I haven't done any pet snugglies for a while.

Ok... need to find a starting square... so many squares; so little time :wlol

Okay, another work in progess. I'm determined to get through some of my scraps. :blush

This is the perfect way to do it... and you get to try out a whole bunch of patterns... how cool is that :wlol

Hello, everyone!! It's GOOD to see all of you who are joining in! :cheer Just think of the PILE of squares you will have on hand in just 31 days!!

Ok, going to go work on my square of the day! :hook

I would like to do this. I love to try squares and I haven't done any pet snugglies for a while.

Ok... need to find a starting square... so many squares; so little time :wlol

Oh this sounds cute but what is a pet snugglie? :think

You know if it has "pet" in it I am curious.

Oh this sounds cute but what is a pet snugglie? :think

You know if it has "pet" in it I am curious.

a snugglie is a little blankie used in pet cages at shelters and at the Vet's so the animals have a soft surface in their little spaces. they don't have to be too large, they can be large but not necessarily, and they always need replacements as pets come and go and they get "used". :wlol

I think a bunch of my links to Dayna's site was dead too. I don't know what happened but I found it again. :)

I got my square for today done. It came out about 7 1/2 inches I think that will work.

Count me in, my secert pen pal sent me the 200 blocks crochet book and have been dying to try some of the squares, plus I have loads of scrap yarn and odd balls, some colours I don't like, but with the right combination of colours should look ok.

Hello! I got my two squares done, one for yesterday and one for today! It's really strange to stop at the one square each day, but it's also kinda nice because they don't take very long and yet we get that instant gratification that we enjoy from time to time! :yay

Hello! I got my two squares done, one for yesterday and one for today! It's really strange to stop at the one square each day, but it's also kinda nice because they don't take very long and yet we get that instant gratification that we enjoy from time to time! :yay

I know what you mean :lol I get one done and say don't need to make another one and it feels funny and good at the same time. Course then I just move on to different kinds of squares :lol

Archived