October Square-A-Day CAL!

LavenderBear

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've made two. How is everyone making their squares? Are you using random patterns and colors or are you going to make coordinated 31 squares with a specific project in mind?

I plan to make random 12" squares for the most part but I think I will make at least 12 the same to make a lapghan at some point in the month.

I am really wanting to get some snugglies made as I haven't done them in a while.

Hello! It's DAY # 3, and I have made 6 squares! I have decided to make 1 square (6") for one charity that Victoria told me about and another square (8") for the Hospice lapghans I'm making for one of my local charities each day! Even at just making two squares per day, they go by so quickly that I've had time to work on two different shawls, one that is knitted and one that is crocheted! So far, so good!!

I am currently making my squares in different patterns and with a cream, baby yellow, and variegated that has a teal, yellow, and blues in it! The 6" squares will be all different colors, but not solid ones. And the 8" squares will be mostly the same for the "middles" (first 4 rows) and then a different color for the remaining rows!

Can't wait to hear how everyone is coming along, and I hope many more will join us! If you miss a day, no worries! Just make an extra one on another day as long as you end up with 31 at the end of the month!

Happy square making, everyone!

I'm doing at least enough for one lapghan all the same color and pattern then will switch colors and patterns for the next lapghan and so on till the end of the month.

I've got my 3 done!

I've done 3 so far. I'm doing 8 inch basic granny squares, in a soft yellow, and will be giving them to Suzanne for her Hopsice squares.

I need to make 2 today so I can be on time and on the money. Ok, not a problem.

I do appreciate having this call in to keep me at it. It'll be nice to have these ready for the holidays for the humane society.

I have done 2 squares, have been working nights so not alot of time to crochet, but will catch up on my days off.

Do the squares have to all be different designs and colours, or is this up to us.

Square 1 No. 129 Anenome about 6"

Square 1 No. 137 Criss cross about 6 1/2"

all from 200 blocks book

Have done 5 squares, decided to make pet blankets with them, have frogged 1 of the squares cause I didn't like it.

Using 200 crochet blocks book, but didn't realise till on the last row that the crochet terms are written in different terms to what I have learnt, so I frogged that one as well.

I was doing tr ch, but it was supposed to be dch, very confussing.

Donna do some more today, have found a nice square that I want to make a cardigan from.

I think I may use this CAL to complete a lapghan I had on the go.

My UFO's started taking over my life and my home again. I need to get some of them in hand and this will be a help fer shure. :wlol

If you are looking for an interesting square, Rachel posted this today...

http://www.canadianliving.com/crafts/crochet/crocheted_snowflake_afghan.php

That is a very tempting pattern... like I need another WIP (or UFO)

This link should take you to the bigger pic

http://old.canadianliving.com/CanadianLiving/client/en/Today/DetailGlossary.asp?IdSection=17638

I would love to see that with a navy border :dreaming

Way to go, everyone! We should all have approximately six squares in our piles now! :yes I have double that just because I'm doing this for two different charities, but please don't feel like you have to as well!

How many of you have found a new favorite stitch or pattern? How many of you are doing a "tried and true" pattern that you enjoy making? Are you doing mostly solid colors or a mixture of colors in each of the squares? Let us know! :yay

Keep up the GREAT work, and ENJOY your day today! :cheer

I've got 6, will make number 7 today, all pale yellow, and all basic grannies, something mindless to work on while watching tv.

Fighting off colds here, all my family has it! At least I'm accomplishing something!

i think i'm going to get in on this. i'm wanting to make the penguin cuddle quilt from happy yellow house, as a christmas gift for a friend. i know they are small squares, but maybe i can try to make 3 or 4 a day. that quilt has 200+ squares!

Archived