October Square-A-Day CAL!

LavenderBear

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! By the end of today we should all have at least 14 squares made up for this Square-A-Day CAL!! :yes I can see some of us are using up yarn, some of us need to hide in ends when we're done, and some of us have ran out of colors we could be using - - BUT moved right along with another color!! We're all doing GREAT!! Keep on making those squares and posting how you are coming along! :cheer I had enough squares for this CAL to make a Hospice lapghan already, minus hiding the ends! :yay

"See" you again soon!

Have not done any squares today, might have a go at making my retro circle into a square again, didn't work out 1st time I did it.

Spent most of the day sorting WIP's out, working tonight so might have a go if I have time.

Hello! Do you believe we are at the halfway point already?! WOW, that went pretty fast so far!! :cheer:yarn:clap

I didn't make a square yesterday, but that's okay! I've made at least 2 each day so taking a day off is okey dokey fine! :yes

Chime in and let us know how you are coming along! I see some of us have a goal of more than 1 square per day, which is great as well! Hopefully you are seeing your pile(s) grow?! :D

Keep on posting your accomplishments, and I will be doing the same!! So far I have pieced together all of my squares, along with the ones from the October Charity Square-A-Long, to make 3 Hospice lapghans! Tonight I will start on squares for a 4th one, all of which I plan to deliver next week! :yay

Let us know how you're coming along!! :hook

WOW - we're all doing GREAT with this monthly challenge!! Just think, we'll have 31 (or more) squares made to put together for projects of our choice!! :cheer:yes:clap

How TALL is YOUR pile getting now?! :jumpyay:ghug

I got behind 2 days but I'm caught back up now and have 19 for the month. I'm starting to join them together now for a lapghan for the nursing home since I got the other squares I needed for it in the SAL last weekend. :clap Tomorrow I'll start more squares in another color for the next lapghan.

Yesterday put a sc border on 16 squares and have started to join them together, need to do the border squares now, so that's another 20 to finish the pet blanket off.

Off to work soon, so won't get much more done today.

Need to play catch up, I think I need to make 4 squares today and I'll be caught up! Been spending a lot of time this weekend reading!

I've just finished number 21! I'm almost done putting together the lapghan from the other squares. Boy this is helping me stay on a good pace for the nursing home project! :)

i'm up to 71, which is getting closer to par! i should have 84 today. hopefully i can get caught up by the end of the month! 31 x 4 = 124, which will be about halfway done with my penguin quilt! well, the squares anyway, the sewing it together part will be another challenge altogether!

Archived