October Square-A-Day CAL!

LavenderBear

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've done my seven so far, all different patterns in either light or medium teal. I was aiming for 6 inches, but as I'm new to grannies I ended up with everything from 5 1/4 to nearly 7.

I'd love to see pictures if anyone feels like posting them. :manyheart

Iam using cream, burnt orange and brown, doing different granny squre designs, granny in the middle, plain granny and centre squared, gonna do 4 of each design for that colour combo and make it into a blanket fro my mums dog.

Her livingroom is cream, terracotta with green, so the blanket will go nicely.

They are working out to about 6" squared

Need to do todays square

Iam using cream, burnt orange and brown, doing different granny squre designs, granny in the middle, plain granny and centre squared, gonna do 4 of each design for that colour combo and make it into a blanket fro my mums dog.

Her livingroom is cream, terracotta with green, so the blanket will go nicely.

They are working out to about 6" squared

Need to do todays square

that sounds GORGEOUS! i can't wait to see it!

i made my 4 for yesterday, but since i started yesterday, i have some catching up to do. i just came home from yarn shopping with all the colors i need to do my quilt except one! yay for columbus day sales and 50% off coupons!

I'm in,a bit late ,but since I do squares every day to keep my fingers limbered up,I'm right on the mark.

I made a commitment of 35 squares for someone by the 17th so I've been doing 2 a day.

Hello, everyone! :hug We should all have 10 squares in our piles now, unless you are choosing to make more than 1 square per day!

Right now I am using Bernat's "Winter White" and "Lemon Fizz Pansy." The second one is a shortened name of the actual color as they put a new tag on it and it covers up the original full name. In any case, these two together make one of my favorite combos for squares, scarves, and afghans! And these squares will be put together for Hospice patients in my area. :hook

Tell us how you are coming along and what your favorite combo(s) is! :yes

Well I joined late but I'm up to 6... they are only small ones so I think I'll do more than 1 a day... right now I'm doing Green... I'm thing of ddrawing up a graph and make a picture ghan for someone... probably the baby blankets for the families at Fort Drum

I have done my square for today, but ran out of the rusty coloured yarn, it was only an old ball my mum gave me, justy wanted to use it up. Will have to find a different colour to do the squares in now.

Here are my squares so far, need to do one for today, but have ran out of yarn, so got some simular colours today.

Also found some more ssquares I started, but ran out of yarn, so got some for those as well.

Will more than likely make them into a blanket, plan on making the green ones a bit bigger, decided to keep them all green, so will frog the white.

squaressofar12thoct.jpg

11 in total

The green ones

greensquares.jpg

...and the yarn to finish making them..

yarnIhaveboughttofinishoffsquares.jpg

The 1 at the back next to the cream is a bottle green, can't really tell from the photo, I thought the rusty colour was a near match to the 1 I have ran out of, but it's no where near. Don't suppose it will matter.

Hello again! How is everyone coming along?! I see some pics already - thanks for sharing those!! If I can figure out how to upload the pics I plan to take, I will do that myself!

We should all have made 12 squares by the end of today, unless you are making more than one per day! Tell us how you are coming along!

Let's go team!! :cheer:yay:clap

Iam now up to 17, will have to make more than 1 a day to get these blankets completed, when making a square for one of the pet blankets I liked it that much have deceided to make a lapghan out of it instead.

Also have 3 more 12" squares and 48 6" squares to make to finish my dads afghan, thought it would be big enough as it is with a big border, but it's not, so will have to frog the border and add the other squares on (once I have done them.

Only trouble is, will have to go and buy some more yarn, as have either nearly ran out or use/using the yarn I was using for his ghan.:lol

I'm still right on track with 13 but now I've run out of the one color I was using on this one so I guess I'll start some other color squares for another lapghan.

Archived