In Need of Footbags/Update

minwifeof4boys

..Last night around midnight I received a very quick call from Josh, saying he was fine except............... the unit's only footbag ( hackey sack) had sprung a leak....but he told the troops his mama and her friends could crochet... and by gum he would get the soldiers footbags!!! So..anyone want to help and support the troops in need:D I plan on mailing the first week of Oct.

..There are several free patterns on the web that look easy.. I'm going to stuff mine with dried split peas...

..PM for my addy if you can help... the troops thank you!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here's a link to some free patternshttp://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/toys.php

..the stars and stripes looks cool if I can figure it out... thread and I usually don't blend well... but you know how it is when your a mama...

The problem with using dried split peas or any beans etc is if they get wet at all, which they will, you will have a problem-- mold, sprouting, spoiling etc.

You can still get those plastic stuffing beads too and they are the best to use- there is a link from my pattern to JoAnn.com

I have a pattern for Hacky Sacks on my site that you are welcome to use.

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/hacky-sack.html

Bev

I just looked at the frog hackey sack pattern and cracked right up.....imagine the look on the soldier's faces when they open the package and a frog jumps out???? :rofl

Lea I have your address already and will send you some.

Wow those look really easy and fun to make. I'll give it a go.

"Just because you don't see my lips moving doesn't mean I'm not counting shh!"

The problem with using dried split peas or any beans etc is if they get wet at all, which they will, you will have a problem-- mold, sprouting, spoiling etc.

You can still get those plastic stuffing beads too and they are the best to use- there is a link from my pattern to JoAnn.com

I have a pattern for Hacky Sacks on my site that you are welcome to use.

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/hacky-sack.html

Bev

Good thinking!!!!

Oh I can just picture the size of this package. Your son does not know what he has done. lol

One question? What is the deadline or should I say when do you need them by?:think

...well... there are 240 folks in the unit... but I've seen pictures... some of them look how shall I say... not very footbag like :lol:lol

...I'd like to mail out the first week in Oct..... I can only imagine their faces when they open that box!!!! Do you like the new avatar???? Isn't he a cutie????

I have made two well half of two I have to get the stuffing beads. My manager didn't even object when I was crocheting at work and I work in retail at RS. One is cotton and the other magic stripe. They work up really fast!

I have made two well half of two I have to get the stuffing beads. My manager didn't even object when I was crocheting at work and I work in retail at RS. One is cotton and the other magic stripe. They work up really fast!

Glad to hear they make up quickly I am so excited it is such a simple thing to make them happy!! Tell your manager thank you!!:D

Hope that your soldiers like their parcel. Would help out if I was not in australia.

I have made a few hackysacks for my teenage sons who amuse themselves in between bus rides etc going to school as they travel for nearly 1 1/2 hours.

I am sure that they will appreciate it.

Let us know their reaction.

Dianne

Hope that your soldiers like their parcel. Would help out if I was not in australia.

I have made a few hackysacks for my teenage sons who amuse themselves in between bus rides etc going to school as they travel for nearly 1 1/2 hours.

I am sure that they will appreciate it.

Let us know their reaction.

Dianne

...Thank you! We accept prayers and good thoughts also! Easier to ship:lol

I bought micro beads today cause that was all I could find. The young lady at JoAnn's suggested I put in more than the pattern asked for cause they are so tiny. One thing I will make sure to do is not to do it around a fan! I also bought knee high nylons at Dollar General for one dollar for three pairs! I can't wear any nylon I'm allergic so anyway I bought three boxes should be able to make quite a few "bladders" from them!

"Just because my lips aren't moving doesn't mean I'm not counting shh!"

Archived