In Need of Footbags/Update

minwifeof4boys

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still going to use the micro beads cause I can't return them I used a coupon and I have already opened the bag!

Well the ceiling fan is always on unless I'm cleaning it! I think I will check out my local Michael's on Tuesday which is my day off. I'm worried that the micro beads will not give the sack the right weight. They are styrofoam and about the size of the head of a pin really tiny! I'll fill one and check it out but I still think I'll try Michael's.

LEA!!, I've been meaning to check out this thread and glad I finally did. I will do my very bestest to get at least one for the boys, more if I can, as many as I can. I already have your address. And I love your avatar...he is so handsome! God bless you, your family and all our troops and families!

Sockmad, your username is kind of appropriate for this project! One of the patterns I looked at uses a child's sock for the pellet form. In reading over the posts, I wondered too if the styrofoam micro beads would give it enough weight. Do the poly pellets being plastic weigh more? Using a child's sock will lend more weight than nylons. But does anyone know what the "official weight" of a hackey sack should be?

IMHO, I don't think the frog one would be the best for playing with, do you? I mean, with those little legs flapping around while it's being kicked around. Could always make it without the appendages. I think it would be cute to sit on your desk!

Anyway, Lea, I'll do what I can! It would be an honor to contribute to this worthy effort. Love you! :hug

Thanks guys... I am going to Michaels today for the pellets...My heart thanks you...cause I can't put words strong enough to say how much this means to me and the men and women of hte 1132nd MP unit out of Rocky Mount NC

Count me in. I've been wanting to make these for a while. Guess I'll have to take a trip to AC Moore of Michaels to get some pellets, and the $1 store to find some nylons. Can't wait to get started!

I would love to help out by making some of those sacks!! I have family that were in the Army, Navy, and Air Force. I don't know for sure how many I can make as I have already started on my Christmas crocheting(:eek ). I'll PM as soon as I get done with this post!!:)

Has anyone tried Stars and Stripes Hackey Sack? Round 1 says to Ch2, work 12 hdc in 3rd ch from hook. I guess it doesn't make much difference whether you ch2 or ch3 but you gotta ch3 if you're gonna work 12hdc in 3rd ch from hook, right? Or do you think she means "2nd ch from hook"? Either way, it's pretty difficult to get 12 hdc in that little chain, huh? What say the experts here?

Well, first off, yes - you would have to ch3. That would give you the right number to start and chainin the 3rd from hook.

But my next question would be then why are you starting with 13 hdc in your first stitch? The first ch2 counts as 1. I've never seen an odd number of starting stitches in a round. Maybe it's different because it's a ball?

Hi, Krystal! Thanks for answering! I didn't think about it being 13 hdc. That would be odd. But it says at the end of that round to join with sl st in the 1st hdc so it will only be 12 hdc anyway. But trying to get 12 hdc into the 2nd ch from the hook of a ch 2 was veeerrrry difficult! This is one of Julie Bolduc's designs and I can't see any way of contacting her with a question.

I have made two well half of two I have to get the stuffing beads. My manager didn't even object when I was crocheting at work and I work in retail at RS. One is cotton and the other magic stripe. They work up really fast!

What is magic stripe? And what size hook? Is the cotton you are using #10 thread? I saw a pattern using Peaches and Creme with a steel hook size 7. Is that possible? Such a small hook for that worsted weight cotton thread???

THAT sounds more like it. Then you would have 12 hdc, AND you would have the filler for that space that's always leftover.

Do you mean the ch2 with 12 hdc in 2nd ch from hook? That's difficult! I can't see where I am with the red!!!

Archived