In Need of Footbags/Update

minwifeof4boys

Well, since my foot balls got to Lea, I guess I can now show a picture.

I thought I would have a little fun with them, so I looked to see where the guys were from and Lo and Behold, it is NC.

:cheer So their NFL Team is the Carolina Panthers.

Idea hits me to make the balls in NFL colors. I checked out their division and that is the colors I used.:cheer

Carolina Panthers – Black and Blue

New Orleans Saints – Black and Shinny Gold

Atlanta Falcons – Black and Red

TampaBay Buccaneers – Red and Pewter

Finally I used colors for two teams from where I am from Philadelphia.

Philadelphia Eagles – Green and White

Pittsburgh Steelers – Black and Gold

Here’s the picture and it is clickable.

(clickable) th_footballhackysacks.gif

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... you know my youngest wants you to adopt him don't you Mj??? He was very impressed with

1. You actually knowing the colors of the sports teams...

2. converting that knowledge in an intelligent manor to footbags....

3. AND you knew the names of the teams and areas they came from...

...... You might be his new hero

Loopy1 I used size 10 thread. The one for the Saint's is gold/gold by JP Coats and Clark. I think it comes out at Christmas. The grey I got from my favorite on line store, elmore-pisgah. It is size 10 thread called America's Best.

shelly_bean here is the pattern I used.http://www.jpfun.com/patterns/free/toys/f113002starsnstripes.shtml I just didn't make the stars.

Lea- Tell your youngest, I set the TV up on Saturday for Sunday, so I do not miss a game. This is my sport, I wait from Pro Bowl to Pre Season. Glad to know he liked the foot bags, they were fun to make.

Thanks for letting me help.:hook

Loopy1 I used size 10 thread. The one for the Falcon's is gold/gold by JP Coats and Clark. I think it comes out at Christmas. The grey I got from my favorite on line store, elmore-pisgah. It is size 10 thread called America's Best.

shelly_bean here is the pattern I used.http://www.jpfun.com/patterns/free/toys/f113002starsnstripes.shtml I just didn't make the stars.

Lea- Tell your youngest, I set the TV up on Saturday for Sunday, so I do not miss a game. This is my sport, I wait from Pro Bowl to Pre Season. Glad to know he liked the foot bags, they were fun to make.

Thanks for letting me help.:hook

thanks so much i want to make some pro football hackey's too. :D

I'm using the same pattern as Mary Jo...just not making much progress though. I'm not gonna make the stars either. Don't think they look so good. I'll probably do red white and blue stripes for one of them. And I may make the froggy one without the legs.

I did get my pellets! Woo Hoo! 40% off $4.67 for 32 oz at Hobby Lobby so that's $2.80.

...Tampa Doll.... now you 've done it.... he wants to know...

1. do you cook

...and would you wait for him:lol:lol:lol

.. guess I need to tell him there is a Tampa Guy huh???

:rofl :rofl Ah he is a charmer and he made my day. Tampa Guy wants to let him know that my avtar is 34 years old. Do tell him thanks for the compliments.:rofl :rofl

I'm using Bev's pattern but instead of skipping a stitch I am doing a single crochet decrease I have found that skipping a stitch made them lopsided now they aren't. I also go down a hook size for rows 14-16.

"Just because my lips aren't moving doesn't mean I'm not counting shh!"

Oh and I made three more at work today. One in cotton,one wool,one fifty percent wool fifty nylon.

"Just because my lips aren't moving doesn't mean I'm not counting shh!"

I am going to try and attempt to make some ....Will go to AC moore today and get what i need....

I also have some decks of cards do you think they would like them...If so i can send them along????

I started making one last night...but now I have no idea where the darn pellets go to!!! I hate that! Better go look around some more. No idea where they could have gotten to!

I am going to try and attempt to make some ....Will go to AC moore today and get what i need....

I also have some decks of cards do you think they would like them...If so i can send them along????

.... Good idea!!!! I'm sure they would use them!

My Stars & Stripes pattern isn't working. And just so you know, I haven't been spending all this time on it. I pick it up every now and then to check it out and it still doesn't work.

I notice in the pattern, when it says to repeat from * that the beginning * is missing in the instructions. I assume it comes after the initial ch2 in each of rnds 3-6.

Rnd 1 has 12 hdc.

Rnd 2 has 24 hdc (2hdc in ea st)

Rnd 3 has 36 hdc (2hdc, 1 hdc around)

I think Rnd 4 should have 48 hdc (2hdc in st after beg ch2 and then 1hdc in each of the next 2 sts and repeat this pattern). It seems like the last 2 sts of that round should be 2hdc in 2nd to last st and 1hdc in last st then join to beg ch2 with sl so but it isn't working out that way.

Do I have it figured out all wrong or what?

:thair I don't know why I'm having so much difficulty with these patterns. It could be a couple reasons - I'm losing count of rows and I'm using a different kind of yarn....

but I've got a nice spiral going for a base, and I think it'll work out OK if somebody could tell me about how wide the base should be, and then how to stop making a coaster and make the sides go UP instead of flat :lol

Do I just skip some stitches to make the sides go up?

Seriously - I don't know what my problem is. I've made much more complicated things - this should be easy! But I've started over too many times to count. :bang That's why I'm trying to freestyle it now....

Any suggestions?

To make it go up you need to several rws of sc around. This is what I'm doing

Ch2 , 6 sc in second ch from hook

1: 2 sc in each around

2: 2sc in 1 , sc in 1 rep ar then I continue the increase rws like so the next rw would be 2 sc in 1, sc in next 2 all the way up to 2sc in 1, sc in next 7

then I'm doing 10 rws of sc around then do the decrease rws like the increase but decrease instead just starting with decrease , sc in next 7 going all the way back down to decrease, sc in next 1

I'm using size 10 thread & size 8 hook

I swear sometimes they make these patterns more complicated than they should be.

I did the stars and stripes pattern and boy did I have a lot of issues with size. Mine also looked like a saucer, till I started to decrease. I also found that it depended on the thread I used. Some seemed to have more give than some others.

All my notes and I never wrote down the number of stitches till I got to row 6 then I worked with 70 stitches till I started to decrease. Also, in the first couple of bags I made I left out 3 rows. Instead of 11-15 I made it 11-12. Then as I moved further on, I realized they used the same numbers twice for some of the rows. I had to stop and renumber the rows.

I always make notes as I am crocheting, incase I am making more than one and I have the info for the next time.:hook

Thanks everybody!

I think it's coming along now....;)

One more little question - when you measure around your finished ball with a tape measure, what do you get?

I'm about half way done with mine, but DD says it looks too small. I measured the diameter and it's within the range according to the pattern that gives measurements...but DD keeps saying it's too small. :think

Would somebody please measure around?

Thank you in advance! :hug

If I remember, mine were about that size. Especially the last one I made.

There was a site listed in this thread that told you what size they should be, but darn if I can find it now. I do remember weighting them to make sure they were the right weight. So I figured they were the right size.:hook

Archived