In Need of Footbags/Update

minwifeof4boys

Oh my... you ARE cracking up!
No I'm not! Actually, I'm tired! But use your imagination! I can just hear the dog speaking with a monotone. It's funny! I do the same with Tabby's avatar of her child with the big sunglasses and nanacarr's pic of her giggling granddaughter. Of course, they're not monotone. Tabby's is, I don't know, kind of aloof, and nanacarr's is giggly. I enjoy them!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you guys are tired of seeing all my posts tonight but this one is important if you're gonna make the Stars and Stripes Hackey Sack.

First of all, Round 1 with the Red should say ch2, 12 hdc in 2nd chain from hook (not 3rd chain). I'm not a pattern corrector or knowledgeable pattern reader, so I didn't know if she meant to begin with ch2 or ch3.

Now, I think it will be very helpful (it is for me, that's for sure!) if you put a small marker or safety pin in the 1st hdc you make so you can find it when you have to join at end of round.

Also, at beg of each round, put a small marker or safety pin in the 2nd ch of the beg ch2 so you can find it again when you have to join with a sl st at end of round. I found it was easy to make a mistake and join in the 1st hdc made instead of the 2nd ch of the ch2.

Magic Stripe is a sock yarn that is washable wool by Lion Brand. I buy mine at AC Moore's. I bought three bags of the poly-pellets at Michael's tonight and I used my fifty percent coupon for one bag. I went tonight because I may not have Tuesday off after all. I did use the nylons but I am thinking maybe a small balloon might work out better. I'll check out the Dollar General again I get good bargains there.

"Just because my lips aren't moving doesn't mean I'm not counting shh!"

I got the pellets from AC Moore today. They were already on clearance, marked down to about $3.70, or something close to that. Haven't started yet, but I might have a go tomorrow.

instead of putting all those hdc's into the 2nd ch from the hook you could try a magic ring instead because when you tighten it it is sealed also
Actually, it wasn't so bad after all and besides, the pellets will be in the toe of a knee high, panty hose or a sock so they shouldn't be going anywhere.

Ok mine are coming out sort of lopsided I don't know why. My dad says they do make good stress balls as well. I guess I will need to make extra for stockings this year! The poly-pellets at my Michael's were only $5.99 a bag for a two pound bag. I transfered mine into a ziploc slide bag otherwise those things go everywhere if the original bag falls over. Yup found that out the hard way. The pellets are really hard to see against a white marble table!

Actually, it wasn't so bad after all and besides, the pellets will be in the toe of a knee high, panty hose or a sock so they shouldn't be going anywhere.
Sorry:blush loopy1, I was just trying to help.

I find using a magic ring doesn't leave a hole and I use it most of the time when I am making anything with rounds.

Um what is a magic ring? Though I have been crocheting for years this is a term I have never heard.

Um what is a magic ring? Though I have been crocheting for years this is a term I have never heard.

I was wondering the same thing! Plus, I didn't realize the pellets had to be "IN" anything other than the ball!

Sorry:blush loopy1, I was just trying to help.

I find using a magic ring doesn't leave a hole and I use it most of the time when I am making anything with rounds.

And thank you for your offer of help. I like the magic ring too.

I haven't bought my pellets yet. Are they the same stuff that would go into bean bag chairs or beanie babies? Or is that too heavy?

I just called Jo-Ann's and she said they have a 2.5# bag for $23.99!!!!! Do you think she priced the right stuff?

Lea, how many do you have so far?

I haven't bought my pellets yet. Are they the same stuff that would go into bean bag chairs or beanie babies? Or is that too heavy?

I just called Jo-Ann's and she said they have a 2.5# bag for $23.99!!!!! Do you think she priced the right stuff?

Lea, how many do you have so far?

..I think my pellets were around 3.00 a bag at JoAnns... hmmm...

anyhow... actually in hand right this very second I have 4.....but MJ's are in transit and I'm not sure how many everyone is making...there are 12o in the unit and another 120 attached to them .. I'm sure some of the older Guardsman won't play with footbags....

Thanks for the magic ring info it seems familiar I must have used it at some point but forgot. I plan to make at least a dozen,now that I have the jist of the pattern I think I will come up with my own.

I received Mary Jo's today.... they are awesome... Thanks so much!!! Feel sorry for the WWII wives, mother's and sisters at home..they only got to roll bandages.. we get to make foot bags for our war!!!!

... on a serious note.... continue to pray for these soldiers it has to be hard adjusting to being away from their families in a hot foreign land.... temps today around 106 in downtown Baghdad.......

.....I got an email from Josh, he said that a couple of days a go he was off post and this camel spit at him ( not sure why he was hanging around a camel) so he stuck a wad of dip in his jaw and proceeded to show the camel how a real man spits~~~~ all I can say is if he has that much time on his hands.... we need to get those footbags there FAST!!:lol:lol

Archived