Reduction Tote Bag

sammimag

1342534645_6b04d40d71_m.jpg

My altered version of the Reduction Tote Bag by Anne Frost. You can find the pattern here:

www.crochetme.com/reduction-tote-bag

All the thread came from my stash and lots was picked up at the thrift store months ago.

1343423582_648c292dac_m.jpg

I used the Willow square from 200 Crocheted Blocks but added a few xtra rows. I did about 10 less rows for the mesh because I find this stitch plenty stretchy so I didn't think I needed as much height as the pattern called for.

I still need to sew on some buttons. I am sure I have some stashed somewhere.

1342534897_7172c9bd88_m.jpg

You can see the the flap is showing on the outside of the square. I might put the flap on the inside so when it's all folded up it doesn't cover up the pretty square.

I love it! I really like what you did with the pocket, it's really pretty!

Thanks for posting the link to the pattern, I printed it out :hook

ok now i am really bummed!

i was so happy cuz i thought that you were sharing where you got the pattern for the square because its gorgous and then i reread your post and you got the square out of a book. BOOO HOOOO! its just really so very pretty!

so i got so very excited now i am going through a major let down. oh well! yours is great!

Thanks everyone.

I really, really recommend getting the 200 Crochet Block book if you don't have it. There are so many great squares.

The Willow Square is also in the spring 2007 issue of Interweave Crochet.

It looks much, much better than the original.

My opinion also! :D

Beautiful bag. The colors you used go really well together and I really like the square you used.

I love the colors (always partial to pink). If the other patterns in the book are half as cute... I'm going shopping!

Archived