Hola from Raquel

Raquel

Hi there. My sister (Frangipani) says this is a FABULOUS site and so far I agree! I taught her how to crochet a few years ago and she is turning into a whiz. She told me about this site and it sounds great. I have been crocheting since 1996 or so; My mom actually tried to teach me when I was little, but I didn't stick with it. It took excrutiating boredom during a jury duty stint in LA for me to start up again. In LA, if you have jury duty, you have to go and sit in a huge room for hours and wait to be called up to go to an actual courtroom. After one day of mind-numbing boredom, I rushed out and bought a hook, some yarn, and an instruction book for lefties. By the end of nine days of "jury duty," I was definitely on my way to a new hobby. It took me a while to learn to read patterns, but now, I'm proud to say, I do crochet almost anything. Except thread crochet--it's SOOOO tiny! I still find thread very challenging!

I look forward to swapping indeas and patterns and chatting with you all!

:P

Raquel

Well HELLO sis!!!! :hug:welcome Glad that you joined the group! YAY!!!! :yay I can't wait to see what projects you've been up to lately! :hook

Love ya!

Bec :manyheart

• 1 month later...

Archived