Floor Throw from Leftover Yarn

CrochetDad

I had some leftover yarn from a couple of projects, and I'd never tried a rug, so I sat down with 3 strands of RHSS in (2) Dark Sage and (1) Dark Orchid, an M hook and started crocheting.

After a couple of restarts, I finally settled on the following pattern of my own design:

Multiple of 3 ch plus 1 for desired width.

Basic pattern:

Row 1: dc, sk 1 st, dc in next st, dc in skipped st (behind last stitch), repeat. Add dc at end of row.

Row 2: ch 1, sc across

Repeat Row 1 and 2 until the desired length.

For the border, I used the sedge stitch (sc, dc, dc in same st, sk 2, repeat).

My rug came out to approx. 17" x 33":

841047400_fc911d0b98_m.jpg

Very cool! That looks like it would feel great on bear feet. Sounds like an easy enough pattern, I may have to give it a shot...

Yes, it feels great on bare feet. It is a very simple pattern, the most difficult part is the second dc behind the first dc.

Give it a shot!

I think I'll try this in some other projects using only one strand. It should add some texture without making it too bulky.

it looks great! i like working the cross dc stiches, gives a neat effect!

Thanks for the pattern! :yay I had a vision in my head of trying to do something like this, but couldn't figure out how to make it work.

I'm going to try it with three strands of cotton yarn in colors to coordinate with my bathroom.

Looks fantastic, Gene! Thanks for sharing the pattern. I have so much RHSS that I'm putting this rug on my list of WIMs and hope I'll be able to get around to making one of these someday when my WIPs are all complete. Oh, yeah, that'll be the day :lol :lol!

Anyway, thanks again for sharing! You made a great looking rug.:cheer:clap

I love it . . . I think I'll write down your pattern and give it a try myself as soon as I find a place to start another new project! Thanks for the pattern! :hook

Thank you for the pattern. I've been wanting to make a rug but I've not got around to it yet.

Fonda

I really like it, thanks for posting the pic and pattern. I might give it a shot one of these days. (Does the need to make another project before you finish your current one EVER end?????)

:P

Archived