Heart Shawl

Addey

I'm part of the shawl CAL and I finished mine just last night/this morning. I made if for my mom. I can't remember exactly where I got the pattern from, I'll have to look it up again. I ended up making it a bit smaller by not doing one of the rows of hearts. (Mom's short and the size I made it fits her perfectly.)

I gave it to her today and she just loves it!

617136314_e0ace6d451_m.jpg

I used Bernat Baby Corinates in white with a G hook. I did a shell edging instead of fringe because the edges were rolling in a bit. (That and I'm not a big fan of fringe myself...)

I hope you enjoy it!

it's lovely. all those hearts make it perfect for a mum! gld your mum likes it

:blush

Thank you all for the great compliments.

I found the pattern I was using, it's the Sweet Hearts Shawl from the Jan 2006 Crochet! magazine. It's really quite simple, once you get the hang of it. This is the first real fillet I've done and it was quite fun. (Very nice that the pattern repeated itself so once I got it down, I didn't need the chart any longer...)

I love it!! Please could you look up the pattern again. I'm short too and I would alter for that purpose as well - likewise, I'm not a huge fringe fan. I really do love this!!

does anyone know where to get a past copy of the mag? I'd love to do the pattern but can't find the issue anywhere for a decent/reasonable price.

I hope you can find it. My copy isn't in any condition to share, or else I would....

Depending on where you live, you might check your library... it's amazing what some libraries have as far as periodicals go.

That looks great! I hadn't noticed that pattern before. If you find a LYS that carries that mag, they don't take them off the shelves like the other stores do and you can buy previous copies. Mine doesn't carry that particular mag, but it does carry all the others. Otherwise I could go down and buy several copies for everybody!

Archived