Granny sq tote bag - NOW LINED!!

crochetrae

I'm not fond of granny squares, but this little bag really caught my eye. It's from a "Quick & Easy Crochet" book from 1987. It's made using #10 cotton thread with an 8 hook.

th_100_FUJI-DSCF1561_DSCF1561.jpg

It's just 13 squares sc'd together. What makes it look different is the ridge made by the sc rows rather than stitching the squares together flat. I really like the look of it. I didn't plan to line it. Do you think I should?

I ADDED A LINING. SURE DOES MAKE IT POP!!

th_100_FUJI-DSCF1578_DSCF1578.jpg

It's looks wonderful. I love the granny stitch and use it in many of my recycled projects. Your bag is very unique in that it takes a different look at the top with the angled squares Very nice!!

It's very nice! I think you should line it, just because the lining helps give the bag structure. It might stretch out of shape otherwise. You could go with black or something contrasting to show off the stitching.

Love it!! I started to say 'no' to lining it, but have to agree with Hooked, lining would keep it from stretching. I'd use a contrasting color to show off the design. It's very unique.

Great job!!

The more I look at it the more I love that design. The grannies are turned so that their points are up and down, right? I've seen a similar design in yarn. I would never have thought about doing it in thread.

What a beautiful looking bag!! Love the squares!! I myself would line it. I agree with "Olive"--lining it with hot pink or even lime green, with black, the list is endless. Would like to see a picture of it after you have lined it!! Great job!!:hook

i think it looks really cool! i don't much like granny squares myself but this looks nothing like them

Archived