The Paper Shawl

Miss USA

Thank you! :yay Wanna make it to go over the dress I'll be wearing in Jan (in TX) when hubby gets back.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Man! I can't believe I missed this post! Miss USA, I love that set of books! They sure have some really neat patterns in them, don't they? Unfortunately, that particular volume I don't have...it's one of the few I couldn't locate. I found my set in a thrift store of all places! I have volumes 2-20, but missing like #s 1, 6, 17, and 21-25. Great work! Love that color on you!

Oh, what a beautiful shawl! Doesn't look "papery" at all! The model is very pretty too!

Lynn

What a pretty shawl and Miss USA I don't know if anyone else has told you but you remind me of this singer named Amy Lee she is in a band called Evanescence which is like the best Goth Rock group ever. I love the shawl and you are a very pretty young lady great job on the shawl.

Well I can agree with both of your names. Yes Red Heart does not make up the softest stuff *L* but maybe try washing it w/softener? Unless you like to let it 'stand up by itself':lol

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Miss USA, for sharing the beauty of your work on this lovely shawl. And for anyone who can’t find the book containing the pattern ( “Make It Yourself” Volume 17) through a bookseller, here’s a suggestion: check with your local library. If they don’t have it, see if they can do an inter-library loan and get it from another library for you. Worth the effort if you really want the pattern.

Archived