The Paper Shawl

Miss USA

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The pattern is from "Make it yourself" (the complete step-by-step library of needlework and crafts) Volume 17. This is what the cover looks like:

Thanks Miss USA for the info. I'll have to see if it's on ebay.

Very nice job. I'm working on a ripple afghan with Homespun and I know what you're saying about your hands hurting, but it really is worth it!!!!

That's a great shawl. I had a similiar one that someone had made for me for my wedding 18 years ago. Thanks for bringing me good memories.

Your shawl turned out beautiful! It may feel like paper but look at the bright side, it's washable! And you, my dear, are just gorgeous. :yes

:rofl heehee It's standing on its own!! :rofl

Crunchy or not, it's beautiful and less crunchy with a heap of fabric softener. :P I think I saw a very similar (if not the same) pattern on that vintage crochet pattern website (archives now, not active if anyone knows what I'm talking about here lol) and now I'm convinced I have to make it. Even if it's crunchy (and it probably will be lol).

You have done a wonderful job modeling your beautiful shawl. The color is marvelous on you! The pattern is awesome! Great job!

Miss USA......that shawl looks beautiful:applause , and the color is wonderful on you:tup! I like the way you fringed it:manyheart (not like the original), I see why it is your favorite shawl......

My grandmother gave me the whole set. There are about 25 of them altogether, they belonged to my great aunt

Thanks for letting me know. Jenn directed me to a used book seller that had a copy :cheer

Archived