The Paper Shawl

Miss USA

My best friend Jenn calls this the "paper shawl" because I used a whole heap of cheap crunchy Red Heart brand yarn that a neighbor gave me. I love this pattern. Its from an old series of make it yourself books my grandmother gave me from the 1970's. Its big, its warm and it proves to be mine and Jenn's favourite shawl every time. This is the third time Ive made one, and each time my hand aches like crazy but so worth it!

(see post #20)

redshawl1.jpg

The paper standing on its own :blush

redshawl7.jpg

redshawl8.jpg

redshawl9.jpg

redshaw4.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's a nice shawl. the texture in the stitches gives it a pretty look. i am killing myself laughing at how it "stands"!

Gorgeous shawl, I wish I had that pattern! You do make a stunningly beautiful model! :cheer:cheer:cheer

The shawl looks just lovely!! Love the color!! It's both funny and scary that the "paper" shawl' stands up on it's own:lol !! Great job:hook

i love your shawl. it's wonderful. i want one myself! what was the title of the book? and my hands hurt when i made my first shawl - why must the beautiful things hurt? wonderful work!

The pattern is from "Make it yourself" (the complete step-by-step library of needlework and crafts) Volume 17. This is what the cover looks like:

patternbook.jpg

And this is what the pattern picture looks like:

shawlpattern.jpg

Archived