Ripple Along

firemanshunny

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in the final stretch of this rounder. I am on row 42 and have 4 rows of the rose violet to do, then the edging and it is done. It is taking forever to get around this thing now, and the colors are starting to bother my eyes. I hope to get it done tonight, but don't know if I can do it. It is close to 50" tip to tip.

The colors aren't showing true. I didn't have a sunny spot that I could put it to get a good pic.

th_nancy4a.jpg

clickable

blue_ripple2b.jpg

That's what I've got so far. It's about 40 inches across. I'm not sure if I'm gonna stop after this last row of white, or do on single row of light blue.

Any suggestions? And what about doing an edge? What has everyone else done?

I ended my first round ripple in white, and so far so good. I edged it using hdc.

The round ripple I'm doing now is almost done. All I have to do is the edging! This one is very big! It is almost 60" tip to tip. It takes a very long time to do one row. My right hand, wrist and arm are a little sore this morning, but I will hopefully get it done today.

Wow! Everyone is doing such nice work and picking such lovely colors for their ripples! :manyheart Keep up the good work! :cheer I haven't been able to start my next one yet. It will probably be a couple of weeks before I can now.

I finished my round ripple for my best friend/sister :cheer:clap:cheer:clap. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow if the weather cooperates. We had lots of rain today, and a hail storm tonight. Hopefully I will have a dry spot to put it so I can get a good pic of it before I box it up to ship.

It measures over 60" tip to tip. The last few rounds seemed to take forever to finish. I don't think I'll tackle one that big for a little while. I do have orders for 2 round ripples. 1 is for an adult, and one is for a baby. And I have 2 people trying to decide what colors they want for theirs, so I will have at least 2 more to do after those. Plus I have an order for a very big 2 strander rectangle to get done.

beautiful ripples ladies!

Im finally working on my rr again. after a week break from it, im on the 9th round... ive only been able to work on it for about 20 minutes total since i started

i cant sleep and i dont feel well and so im crocheting :P

Finished my ripple last night. I decided to end in white with the last round in hdc. I think it gave the last round nice points, except is curls a bit. I'll have to put a pic up later today or tomorrow.

Keep up the beautiful work everyone!

I thought I posted a pic of my progress but I guess I didn't but here it is:

th_P4070057-1.jpg

It's about halfway done.

This picture is actualy from last Friday. I thought I had updated on here... but I guess not. lol

Anyway you can find more on my progress on my blog.

thumbnailripple.jpg

That's my preferred corner of the couch! lol I've added a good deal to the blanket since last Friday. I'll take a new picture tomorrow sometime.

Really pretty! :cheer I love your colors! What yarn are you using?

It's acrylic - Carnival brand I think?! And it's all 5ply. Not sure what that converts to in US terms! :blush

Happy Saturday to Everyone:clap

I have been cleaning up outside after the wind & dust storms quit, so far this last week I've cleaned up 5 times, about 1 hour each time:no good grief, I'd rather be inside crocheting:hook

Yesterday I did get a chance to work the straight ripple, & right now I'm on the 91st row of fiesta country blue, then 4 rows of white & then, I have to do the edges, & I'll be finished!!!

th_StraightRippleWIP002.jpg

Clickable

I am in the final stretch of this rounder. I am on row 42 and have 4 rows of the rose violet to do, then the edging and it is done. It is taking forever to get around this thing now, and the colors are starting to bother my eyes. I hope to get it done tonight, but don't know if I can do it. It is close to 50" tip to tip.

The colors aren't showing true. I didn't have a sunny spot that I could put it to get a good pic.

th_nancy4a.jpg

clickable

Mel:yay

Your round ripple is sooooooo pretty:manyheart , I love the colors

Carol

blue_ripple2b.jpg

That's what I've got so far. It's about 40 inches across. I'm not sure if I'm gonna stop after this last row of white, or do on single row of light blue.

Any suggestions? And what about doing an edge? What has everyone else done?

Hi Amy

I love your round ripple, & blues are my favorite color!!! Great Job too:manyheart :hook

This is what I've got so far for my baby blanket - it's 40x40 atm but I think I might make it 40x60.

th_blanket-resized-for-crochet.jpg

Diane

I like your baby afghan, it's so pretty:manyheart you are doing a good job!!

It is finally done! Well, I still have a few ends to weave, but other than that it is done! My DS came over today, and I talked him into holding it so I could take a few pictures of it. I couldn't take any inside because we were without power for the entire time he was here, and it was way too dark to take an inside picture of it. I couldn't lay it flat outside because it has been raining for 2 days and the ground is extremely wet. So he is holding it up. It does lay flat, but since it is so big, he had a hard time holding it flat for the pictures. He is a little over 6' tall, so that will give you an idea of the size of it.

th_Nancyrounderdone1.jpg

th_Nancyrounderdone.jpg

clickable

4-3.jpg

Here is my finish blue and yellow ripple, its for my sisters baby... if she has a boy, if not i'm sure some other baby will love it!

I love the blue and yellow! And even if she has a girl, I'm sure she'd love it.

Archived