Ripple Along

firemanshunny

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank You! I just compared the patterns, and they are almost the same. The only difference I see is that the one you used says after row 9 to alternate 2 rows of small shells and 2 rows of large shells, and the one I used says to alternate 1 row of small shells and 2 rows of large shells.

I'm going to do it both ways (I have 2 going right now) and see which one works the best.

I've only been away from the thread a few days but already I've missed so much! First of all can I say how lovely the finished ripples are that have been posted here in the last few days. You're all talented and they're fab :clap I'm inspired as always!

These round ripples are addictive and although I don't get much chance to work on mine I have got a few more rounds in, so here's an update:

49.jpg

Another row of white and then its blue next. Its going to be a present for my first nephew or niece when he or she arrives into this world in August :)

I finally finished the baby blanket for my niece who is due in May!!!

babyripplefinished.jpg

Close Up:

babyripplecloseup.jpg

The finished size is 27" W x 42 " L....I used Caron Simply Soft and a size I hook....:hook

Oh!! And this is my first ever ripple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sooooo pleased with it! And I finished it with 6 days to spare as my sister's baby shower is on Saturday!

I've only been away from the thread a few days but already I've missed so much! First of all can I say how lovely the finished ripples are that have been posted here in the last few days. You're all talented and they're fab :clap I'm inspired as always!

These round ripples are addictive and although I don't get much chance to work on mine I have got a few more rounds in, so here's an update:

49.jpg

Another row of white and then its blue next. Its going to be a present for my first nephew or niece when he or she arrives into this world in August :)

Very Pretty!

I finally finished the baby blanket for my niece who is due in May!!!

babyripplefinished.jpg

Close Up:

babyripplecloseup.jpg

The finished size is 27" W x 42 " L....I used Caron Simply Soft and a size I hook....:hook

Oh!! And this is my first ever ripple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sooooo pleased with it! And I finished it with 6 days to spare as my sister's baby shower is on Saturday!

Love it!!!

Great ripples, vcufashion419 and lornajane! I'm just going to have to make a round ripple soon.

I didn't work on my granddaughter's ripple much at all last week. They were here the first part of the week and I painted our bedroom and bathroom over Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Believe it or not, I'm tired, LOL! I need to address the rest of the house which has been neglected during that time, then veg out with some ripplin'.

I spent most of the day yesterday trying to figure out why my ripple would not lay flat. I was so wavy that even with straightening it out, it was still wavy. I tried 2 different patterns with the same results. I was ready to call it quits when I grabbed a different type of yarn and tried one more time. It worked!! I had been using Hobby Lobby's 'I Love This Yarn', and every time it came out real wavy. I Used some RHSS, and it wasn't wavy. Well, it is a little wavy, but not much at all. :clap

I tried to take a pic, but the batteries are dead so they are charging. I'll try to take a pic soon.

I'm really liking the way this round ripple is turning out! Now that I have it figured out, that is. I wish the 'I Love This Yarn' by Hobby Lobby would have worked (I'm going to try again and see if I can find a way to use it with out the waves), but in the end, this is much better. It matches the ghan I just gave to my DS. He came by on his way back to college to pick it up and he loves it:clap:clap. I showed him the round ripple, and he asked me if it was for him too since it matches his ghan. So I guess I know where my first round ripple is going!!

Here is the round ripple.

th_roundripple2.jpg

clickable

Here is the inspiration for the round ripple. This was done with 1 strand of RHSS and 1 strand of 'I Love This Yarn'.

th_dustydone.jpg

clickable

Here is a close up of the ghan to show the combo better.

th_dustycloseup2.jpg

clickable

vcufashion419, what a luck niece you will have, that's gorgeous :)

Someone asked which yarn I'm using, its Sirdar Snuggly DK, seems to come out thinner than other DK weight yarns for some reason but this is coming out nice and flat with a 3.5mm hook. More by luck than judgement!

Archived