Ripple Along

firemanshunny

Shawnee/OR

thats beautiful :cheer

mel

i love your ripple i hope your son enjoyed it:clap

and by the way i loved the 3strand afghan for your daughter it`s magnefecent:cheer

how many chaines you started with?? :think

Thank you! On the 3 strander, I started with a chain of 75. I have to frog the last 10 rows I did. I'm doing that right now. So I have lots to do today.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My first round ripple is almost done. I have the edging to do and it will be done. I still haven't decided exactly which way I will edge it. Any suggestions? I do know it will be edged in white.

th_roundripple4.jpg

th_roundripple6.jpg

clickable

It does lay flat, i just didn't feel like climbing on something so I could get it while it was flat. Knowing my luck, I would have fallen and broken more bones :no

---------

Mel, I love the colors! It reminds me of a swimming pool in the summer.

As for the edging, I just did a round of HDC when I did my round ripple. But I like to keep things simple...

I love all these round ripples! I'm so glad I found this thread a while ago so I could join in on the fun. So far I've finished two (kinda three) round ripples. I made a blue one a month or so ago, and this baby one...

and this teeny tiny one that I'll be giving to my cousin for her dolls. It's only 12inches across.

tiny_ripple.jpg

And I'm going to be starting another Blue one today to use up the rest of the blue from the first one I made.

--------

Amy, how pretty! I like the little one for the doll, too. I'm sure your cousin will love it.

mel

thats strange!! :think

i made 100chains to get 45inchs

My 3 strander is about 42 inches. I may have posted the wrong width...I have so many ghans in the works right now I may have measured the wrong one. Sorry for any confusion.

I am using a size P hook and using Caron Simply Soft for my 3 strander.

I love all these round ripples! I'm so glad I found this thread a while ago so I could join in on the fun. So far I've finished two (kinda three) round ripples. I made a blue one a month or so ago, and this baby one...

baby_ripple.jpg

and this teeny tiny one that I'll be giving to my cousin for her dolls. It's only 12inches across.

tiny_ripple.jpg

And I'm going to be starting another Blue one today to use up the rest of the blue from the first one I made.

Amy I like your round ripples, I wanted to ask you what size hook did you use to make the bigger one?? good job!!!

Carol

tiny_ripple.jpg

Soooo pretty! I love the colors! :cheer:clap:cheer

My first round ripple is almost done. I have the edging to do and it will be done. I still haven't decided exactly which way I will edge it. Any suggestions? I do know it will be edged in white.

th_roundripple4.jpg

th_roundripple6.jpg

clickable

It does lay flat, i just didn't feel like climbing on something so I could get it while it was flat. Knowing my luck, I would have fallen and broken more bones :no

I am finishing yet another that I'll post when it's done - I'm edging it in one round of sc, and then a round of crab stitch (reverse sc). I put 4 sc in the point, and continue skipping the 2 stitches in the "valley". I just love this color combination you chose!

I have finally decided on the colors for my best friend/sister's round ripple. I worked some of it up and sent her pics for her approval. She loves the colors, so it's a go:clap:clap

I am making it with Caron Simply Soft and I am using blue mint, rose violet and black. The rose violet is so hard to get a picture of. The picture isn't 'true' to color, but it is the best I can get right now. I'll keep trying till I get the colors right, or pull my hair out :lol:lol

th_nancy3.jpg

th_nancy2d.jpg

clickable

I just found your site last week and y'all have been hiding from me for far too long !!!! Post number #56 references a afghan from Bernat which i simply fell in LOVE with. :bheart.

I have seen many round ripples completed which are absolutely beautiful, but I havent seen any Bernat ripples completed. Has anyone done this pattern? :ghug

btw, LOVE THE SITE!!

Mel, your round ripple is looking great! Love the colors you chose for this one! :cheer

GinaMarie, just jump right on in! That's a lovely ripple you have chosen to make!

I made great progress on the round ripple for my best firend/sister today.

The good news: I made it to row 26 today! :clap

The bad news: I have to frog 7 rows :(

I skipped the wrong 2 stitches and it threw 2 sections off. It took me a while to find out where I went wrong. It isn't very noticeable, but since I know there is a mistake, I will rip it out. My best friend/sister would never see it or know it was there unless I pointed it out to her, but since I know it is there, I have to redo it.

I just told her what happened and that I was frogging it. She said if it isn't noticeable not to do it. I said that since I knew it was there, I was fixing it. I just can't give something that I made to anyone knowing there is a mistake in it.

I'm just glad I decided to count stitches in that row, or who knows how far I would have gotten before I noticed it.:whew

I have frogged back to my mistake and am reworking it now. I feel so much better knowing there are no mistakes in it. If I am going to spend the time to make something, I do everything I can to make sure there are no mistakes in it, even though this mistake cost me a few hours.

I am working on a new Round Ripple. You can see pictures of it here.

I had a lot of problems with the pattern. Not sure if it was just me having a bad day or maybe there are some typo's in the pattern. Anyhow, I found the pattern here. I did keep working at it. And have figured it out I guess. It just dosn't lay very flat. So I still may be doing this one wrong.

Has anyone else tried this pattern yet ??? I am using the Gentle waves pattern. I think I will try the other pattern also and see how that one comes out.

I am working on a new Round Ripple. You can see pictures of it here.

I had a lot of problems with the pattern. Not sure if it was just me having a bad day or maybe there are some typo's in the pattern. Anyhow, I found the pattern here. I did keep working at it. And have figured it out I guess. It just dosn't lay very flat. So I still may be doing this one wrong.

Has anyone else tried this pattern yet ??? I am using the Gentle waves pattern. I think I will try the other pattern also and see how that one comes out.

I just posted on your blog. I had the same problem and had to frog my first attempt. I changed my hook size to I and making my tension loose and this one is turning out much better! I'm guessing that it is suppose to be a little 'wavy'. (I hope) :think

I started another round ripple in blue. I decided to use up the rest of the blues I had from the first one that I made. I'm not sure which I like better, but I don't think I'll be keeping either.

Here's the second blue ripple!

blue_ripple2.jpg

Archived