Ripple Along

firemanshunny

I just posted on your blog. I had the same problem and had to frog my first attempt. I changed my hook size to I and making my tension loose and this one is turning out much better! I'm guessing that it is suppose to be a little 'wavy'. (I hope) :think

Ugggg!!! I just do not want to frog. LOL! I think I will keep working with it.

the wave isn't all bad, but I did have to figure out a lot of things with it. The stitches were not matching up. I am using a size K hook with this one. I want to try the one you are working on also. :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ugggg!!! I just do not want to frog. LOL! I think I will keep working with it.

the wave isn't all bad, but I did have to figure out a lot of things with it. The stitches were not matching up. I am using a size K hook with this one. I want to try the one you are working on also. :)

I kept hoping the weight of the added rounds would pull out the waviness, but it didn't. Technically, I didn't frog, I just changed it into a different project. I'm gonna put one more round on it and let my niece have it as a baby doll blanket. She'll love it!

I kept hoping the weight of the added rounds would pull out the waviness, but it didn't. Technically, I didn't frog, I just changed it into a different project. I'm gonna put one more round on it and let my niece have it as a baby doll blanket. She'll love it!

I will proably give this one to my daughter. She just loves to have blankets to drag around the house.

i want to join in and ive got a question.

im about the start the 8th round of my round ripple but its isnt laying flat, is that normal? the points dont curl or anything i dont know how to explain it :P

i want to join in and ive got a question.

im about the start the 8th round of my round ripple but its isnt laying flat, is that normal? the points dont curl or anything i dont know how to explain it :P

Welcome to the Ripple Addicts CAL. LOL! Which pattern are you using for your round ripple?

well i guess i'll be joining again. i just finished this straight afghan last friday for my cousins son for his birthday. done in caron one pound in azure and cape cod blue. the pic doesn't show the colors well at all!.

i'm also working on this round ripple for my daughter done in bernat cotton tots. its been on hold for a couple of weeks because i ran out of yarn and just ordered some more.

straight ripple : http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o39/cherinec5/?action=view&current=Picture106.jpg

round ripple: http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o39/cherinec5/?action=view&current=Picture107.jpg

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my newest round ripple. I love these colors. Once I saw how pretty these colors go together, I was tempted for just a moment to keep it for myself. But when I emailed the pictures of it to my best friend/sister and she said how much she loved it, then asked who it was for, I knew it had to go to her. I will eventually make myself one with these colors.

I have fixed my mistakes and am now on row 26 (if I counted right, that is). I am hoping to have it done this weekend, if nothing gets in my way of finishing it.

Ok, I guess I have to join you here. I just found an invite (that noone bothered to give me) for a baby shower in a WEEK!! So I thought a round ripple would be unique enough.

Hope you all are ready!! :)

I would take a picture of my progress but my camera is charging. I joined this a while ago, but I have only been working on my ripple every couple days so I am about a little over half way done. I am hoping to get back into the groove of things here soon.

I have made it to round 35 of the ripple for my best friend/sister :clap

I still have to decide how big I will make this one. I am trying to get this one done as soon as I can so I can get it in the mail. Then I have another one started that I need to get back to.

I took my DS's round ripple and the one I'm working on into work today to show a few of the girls them since they have never seen a round ripple. One of the girls asked me to make her one, so I have an order for a round ripple:cheer:clap

I picked up the yarn for it today (she picked colors I don't have even with all the yarn I have bought or been given this week) and I am going to work up a little of it tonight to make sure the colors will work together. I am so glad I don't have to work again until Tuesday. :hook:yarn

I'm so excited. I haven't worked on my round ripple in a week, not since my trip to Delaware last Saturday. I finished about 3 more rounds tonight while watching "The Break Up." It wasn't too bad, just a bit slow in some spots, but it was a good movie to crochet too, because it didn't need a lot of viewing, mainly just listening.

Hopefully I can get some more done tomorrow and post another pic of the progress, but now its time to read and go to bed!

This is what I've got so far for my baby blanket - it's 40x40 atm but I think I might make it 40x60.

th_blanket-resized-for-crochet.jpg

Really pretty! :cheer I love your colors! What yarn are you using?

Got the batteries for the camera charged, so I thought I'd take a pic of my round ripple. So far it measures about 40" from tip to tip. I still have a ways to go on this one. I have just started row 36.

th_nancy3a.jpg

clickable

Archived