Ripple Along

firemanshunny

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

q8, I used:

TLC Essentials: Aran, Choco cherry, Dark brown, and Fusion

Red Heart Super Saver: Linen

The part that looks red in the photo is actually a very intense dark raspberry color called Fusion. Its a beautiful color in real life. The varigated color is called Choco cherry.

I finally finished the baby blanket for my niece who is due in May!!!

babyripplefinished.jpg

Close Up:

babyripplecloseup.jpg

The finished size is 27" W x 42 " L....I used Caron Simply Soft and a size I hook....:hook

Oh!! And this is my first ever ripple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sooooo pleased with it! And I finished it with 6 days to spare as my sister's baby shower is on Saturday!

I made a ripple afghan that looks almost like this one but with out the blue. In Simply soft too. I put a white border around it and it looked really nice. such great colors for a baby blanket.

thanks for the encouragement everyone! We get back on the road tomorrow and I looking right now for the round ripple patterns... I would love to try one!

Mel,

Did you try to use a different hook? The yarn may be a bit thicker or thinner (I'm not familiar with that type) than RHSS.

AMY

After looking at all these ripples again, and the one sitting next to me on the arm chair (that I still have not sent to my friend's mother), I'm excited to get started on another round ripple!

I have to drive to my house in Jersey to get the yarn though, but I'll be able to do that tonight after visiting my cousins...I can't wait!!

Mel,

Did you try to use a different hook? The yarn may be a bit thicker or thinner (I'm not familiar with that type) than RHSS.

AMY

Yes, I tried different hooks. It was wavy no matter what size hook I used. It is classed as a '5 bulk', but doesn't feel like it. I have an idea I'm going to try later today. I hope it works.

I started a Round Ripple today! I'm so excited! It is with baby yarn, in pink, blue, purple, yellow, and some white. I'll post some pics later!

I've now crossed over to the Round Ripple side....and it's bad..very bad..bad bad bad...I'm hooked!!!! This afternoon i tried 3 different patterns to see which one I u/s the best and I could make correctly. I found one and I'm off and running....here's my WIP

to give you an idea of how it's going to look....

the buff is 4 rows

then the "break"

then warm brown will be 5 rows

then the "break"

back to cream with 6 rows

"break"

warm brown = 7 rows

ect you get the idea, until I get the size i want!!!!

I'm making it in RHSS the colors are, warm brown, country blue, buff, & painted desert

the only thing i wish i would have done different is, make the "lattice" in the center in the painted desert color. But I'll know for next time!!!

roundie1.jpg

This is moving along so much faster then I had planned on! I think it's because I crochet faster when I'm angry or mad. lol Just tonight after posting on my blog I added 4 more stripes of color (8 rows-on this 85 inch Blanket).

I love working on Ripples!!! You can see pictures on my blog. I tried adding them to this post but they keep turning out huge, and I don't know how to fix it.

I love seeing everyone else's work too!!

CMPLMRS05, I love the colors in your round ripple! Great job! :cheer

caednkat, the ripple on your blog is lovely! Such bright happy colors! Great job! :cheer

:cheerI finished my first round ripple! :cheer I made it with Bernat Softee Baby. - Thank you to Nat Cat for the advice on my edging -

ctmpphpyE5SWL.jpg

Nanacarr

:bow you are welcome:yay your round ripple looks so pretty, & the white edging, really does make the whole afghan stand out!!!!:hug beautiful job and I like the colors you used

the buff is 4 rows

then the "break"

then warm brown will be 5 rows

then the "break"

back to cream with 6 rows

"break"

warm brown = 7 rows

ec

the only thing i wish i would have done different is, make the "lattice" in the center in the painted desert color. But I'll know for next time!!!

roundie1.jpg

Very pretty :) The blue really stands out in that. :)

Archived