Ripple Along

firemanshunny

Thanks to everyone for the nice compliments! I really appreciate it!:manyheart:hug

Mel - I really like yours. The variegated makes the other colors just pop! It looks great!!!:yay

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just started another ripple for my son. It was fun stopping to shop for yarn in Arizona on our way to California... hopefully, I will finish it before we get back to New Mexico!!!

Joy - I totally agree, a good project bag is essential. Actually I have several because I always have lots of projects on the go :)

I love the ripples that have been appearing here in the last few days, lots of new photos and they all look fabulous - good woork everyone. I'm inspired to go start the next colour block on mine now ... see you later!

My first round ripple is almost done. I have the edging to do and it will be done. I still haven't decided exactly which way I will edge it. Any suggestions? I do know it will be edged in white.

th_roundripple4.jpg

th_roundripple6.jpg

clickable

It does lay flat, i just didn't feel like climbing on something so I could get it while it was flat. Knowing my luck, I would have fallen and broken more bones :no

Mel! I love you ripple! I'm so jealous! I've got another one to make in blues. I finised the baby one, I'll have to post a picture tomorrow sometime.

I love all the round ripples that everyone is posting. Thankfully that isn't a bug that has bitten me yet! lol

Although I have been eyeing the Spiderman Round Ripple that people have been posting. I don't think my son would be interested in it, but I'm putting it on hold for a possible gift for my nephew in a year or so (he's just 4mths now, how's that for planning).

My ripple blanket has now graduated to a laundry basket and out of my fave project bag. I love having nice project bags to work out of. Not only do they make me happy carrying them around. If I have company coming over and need to cram everything inside it looks nicer by the couch then the target bags I was using. lol

Mel, I edged my round ripple with hdc and put 3 hdc in the points. I don't know of anything fancier for this kind of afghan. Maybe someone else has a better suggestion?

I finally finished my first ripple --- it's a round Spidey-Ghan (another one on this list!). I was surprised how long it took since I can usually zip right along, but am very pleased with it. This one is for a friend, but my 19DD requested one for her roommate at school ... maybe once I've recovered! LOL!!ShawneeSpidey2.JPG

Mel, I edged my round ripple with hdc and put 3 hdc in the points. I don't know of anything fancier for this kind of afghan. Maybe someone else has a better suggestion?

I just finished it!!!! I edged it with hdc and I put 4 hdc's in the points. I will try to get a pic posted of it tomorrow, if the weather cooperates. It is suppose to rain tomorrow :(

Here is a picture of my completed first round ripple. I got it done in time for my DS's birthday!! It is today, but he won't be home from college until tomorrow.

It looks a little wonky in the pic, but that is because I don't have a flat space with enough clearance without standing on something tall, and I don't do that for fear of falling and breaking something (like me:lol).

th_roundrippledone2.jpg

th_roundrippledone4.jpg

clickable

Shawnee/OR

thats beautiful :cheer

mel

i love your ripple i hope your son enjoyed it:clap

and by the way i loved the 3strand afghan for your daughter it`s magnefecent:cheer

how many chaines you started with?? :think

I love all these round ripples! I'm so glad I found this thread a while ago so I could join in on the fun. So far I've finished two (kinda three) round ripples. I made a blue one a month or so ago, and this baby one...

baby_ripple.jpg

and this teeny tiny one that I'll be giving to my cousin for her dolls. It's only 12inches across.

tiny_ripple.jpg

And I'm going to be starting another Blue one today to use up the rest of the blue from the first one I made.

Amy, those are beautiful. Is the one that is being held up done in back loop only? I can't tell from the pic. These old eyes don't see like they use to :lol

If it is in back loop, which round did you start that? If it isn't, just disregard this :D

Archived