a brumby from down under...updated 6/11/07

kkms

note: for anyone interested cupcake has listed this on her blog/esty. this is a very easy pattern! go check it out!

ok everyone i will give you 2 guesses who designed this pattern, oictures are clickable..

horse head close up

th_100_0851.jpg

horse behind!

th_100_0847.jpg

all different color horses with forlocks

th_100_0840.jpg

horse heads without forelocks

th_100_0834.jpg

oh this pattern is so fun and easy to do! this is going to be my ongoing summer project. (i got burnt out when i did the penguins). my seven year old horse lover absolutely loves this pattern. it is my goal to make each horse different and i think i am succeeding so far. what do you think.

i do have to ask for some opinions here though... horses eyes are usually black. but for the dark horses and the black horses i don't know how i should do the eyes. any thoughts?

well cupcake and i are quite interested in what you think!

thanks for looking

Wow, is that ever fun! I love the idea of seeing the horses coming and going.

I think outlining the eyes in white (as has been suggested) would work well. Have fun with these blocks!

~ Joy

That is so cute! For the eyes, you can put a small embroidered dash of white on the top left or right of each eyeball to denote reflection.

hello everyone!

thank you for the compliments! and yes cupcake did make up the pattern. did i mention how easy it was. lol. i don;t think she has it up in her etsy yet but keep your eyes out for it!

i have thought about brown eyes, i thought about outlining with white, i did not however think of the little white dot refelection. keep your suggestions coming. like i said its my goal to make each horse a little different especially now that i have another blanket to make for a birthday gift for my daughter horse loving friend!

Thanks to kkms for being such a great tester and her little daughter for being a terific design critic. I was amazed when I saw how many horses she had done! What a fantastic breeding program!

Archived