blonde "lily" doll

jakesmom31

ok can you please, please, please share the colors you used for the hair? i made a doll that was supposed to be a gift and the hair color was awful, but my older daughter loved it so she got to keep it. but this has made me afraid to make another one! i put alot of time into the hair and i was so disappointed! so i would be so happy if you would share the colors and maybe i will try agian.

thanks

They are so cute & look so much better than the lily dolls that I made. How did you do the hair? Did you put it on then braid it or braid it then sew it on? I really like yours & the mouth looks great. I had a hard time with the mouths on mine. I have a doll made with no hair & no face because I was so upset with the ones I did.

hi, caitlinsmom! I did the hair like the pattern suggested, but I cut a big hank of around 50 pieces of 20 inches each. I sewed it down the middle on the head, then braided or pigtailed it. As far as the mouth and eyes go, I think they are the hardest part of a stuffed animal, except maybe the sewing and weaving in. for these the yarn I used for the eyes just luckily stitched up right. for the mouth I use an embroidery stitch, then go back over it with little "fence posts" in the opposite direction (hope that makes a bit of sense) but believe me, I have to take it out and re-do quite often. In fact, the blond one has a blue stain around one eye where I had to take the first attempt out and the yarn bled. hope that helps, and I just bet your dolls were real cute!

sooooo darling!

I love them! And I agree-- the hair and faces really make the dolls special--- lucky lil girls will be happy to receive these :o) Your stitches are so tight!

Nice work and thanks for sharing!

• 1 month later...

Your little dolls ROCK! Very cute and a wonderful job on the stitiches & colors.:hook

Oh wow. I'm not usually a soft toy fan, but these are stunning. YOu do a really professional, but personal, touch to it all. They are sure to be loved by the little girls.

Archived