Paton's Summer Handbag

Jenilynn60

I'm really hoping this works - I've never posted photos before. I made these three handbags for my mom and two sisters for Mother's Day. The pattern is free from the Paton's website and instead of using Paton's Grace, I used DMC Senso (which I love) for all three.

MDPurse1.jpg

MDPurse2.jpg

MDPurse3.jpg

Love them. How did you do your handles? and is there a 'reason' why you brought the sides in? Just wondering.

I did one similar to yours:

th_melissapurse002.jpg

th_melissapurse001.jpg

I made the pattern up as I went along. It was really fun but I was stuck when it came to the handles.

Thanks - I just single crocheted around the top of the bag and caught the handles as I went; it was a little awkward but seemed to work okay. The Paton's pattern called for snaps to be sewn on the outside so that it could be 'pinched in' like that. I used clear snaps on the outside so that they could leave it unsnapped if they wanted to, and a large silver snap on the inside.

I really like the colors and stitch patterns on your bag - what yarn did you use?

You really did a great job on the lining, so neat...bags are beautiful. The lucky ladies who are getting them...what was their reaction???:clap

All of them are just beautiful. I haven't tried lining anything yet - think I need to get a decent sewing machine first.

Thanks so much for all your lovely compliments! These bags were a lot of fun to make - by the time I was on the last one I was getting a little tired of doing half double crochets, but it was really fun to see how differently they all turned out.

*Jessecat - my mom and sisters both loved them, and have actually used them! That really only surprises me because my mom (bless her heart) is one who usually says "How nice!" about gifts and then never uses them unless they are absolute necessities.

Archived