Circles of Hope to help local domestic abuse shelter

angelfire

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's great! Thanks for telling me you received them.

This is a perfect way to get rid of all those tiny odd balls of yarn. I have a whole jar ready to make another batch, but first I've got to get the holidays out of the way.

You are doing such a wonderful thing for your chairity (and I love that you will weave in the ends)!

I am going to keep this project going as long as I receive circles and when I have enough of my own to make . I really want to thank everyone that has helped me with this so far. Without your help it would take forever to get enough circles to complete a blanket. Every circle has helped me reach out.:hug

To be fair though I also need to remind everyone that Crochet Crone is also accepting granny daughters that have their ends tucked. http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=273079#post273079

Hello Angelfire,

Do you think I could have your address again please? I sent a batch of grannies daughters way back in October but even allowing for them to have accidentally been sent surface mail they are way lost by now...I'm sorry about that. I thought if I got your address again I could make sure I copied it correctly just encase I went wrong somewhere when I was writing the package?

I have a big bag of 100%wool centres or grannies daughters will they be alright or will the high wool content cause problems? I also have a lot of two round centres left from a previous project would they be of any use to you or to CrochetCrone or maybe I should post a 'can anybody use these' message? There are maybe 150 grannies daughters and about 250-300 two round squares all 100%wool yarn? I would be happy to send them to someone who could use them. They are all different colours and very pretty shades.

I need to work on bigger squares and projects now with my eye conditon worsening so I need to find a good home for these and I thought it was worth asking you. I hope you don't mind?

Best Wishes, Lindsay (in the UK)

:hookI'd like to help out also. Seems like you both will be collecting them for a long time and are collecting good amounts. :)I'll start making some and setting them aside, please let me know if this is ok.

:clap:clap:clapYay they arrived safely! Thank you for you PM too. I found a bag with Grannies Daughters that I missed out of the package so I will wait and send them with some others when I get them made! :hook

• 1 month later...

I've started a package of these for you... can you use any with heavier yarn? I've got some scraps of Bernat Softee Chunky that have been looking for a home. :yarn I'll pm you for the address when I get closer to sending so I don't lose it. :lol Thanks. :hook

I've started a package of these for you... can you use any with heavier yarn? I've got some scraps of Bernat Softee Chunky that have been looking for a home. :yarn I'll pm you for the address when I get closer to sending so I don't lose it. :lol Thanks. :hook

that is great

I will p.m. you for your adress

sent youa pm

Archived