Circles of Hope to help local domestic abuse shelter

angelfire

For the past several months I have been making all my scraps into Circles of Hope. I have decided to put out to the board that I would appreciate anyone wanting to help me by using your scraps to make some. When I have enough I am going to put them together for blankets for children at our local abuse shelter.

These are made similar to your basic granny daughter.

Ch 5, join with sl st to from a ring. Ch 3, 2 dc in ring, ch 2, (3 dc in ring, ch 2) 3 times; join with sl st to top of beg ch-3, finish off: You should have 4 ch-2 sps.

they take approx 2 yards of yarn and you don't need to tuck the ends I can do that here.

Thank you in advance for anyone wanting to help. If you have scrap yarn and want to donate to the casuse you may also do that.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is your deadline? Do they have to be a certain size (i.e. 1 1/2")?

Angelfire, I can send you a bunch since you said you'll deal with the ends. Wow, what an angel you are! How long do you want the ends left?

Also, do you want us to take care of the inner string or will you deal with that too?

I can help, but not at this moment... I haven't gotten down to my "little balls" of yarn. I have been stashing them, not willing to deal with them and the ends. Since you're willing to do the ends, however... :devil

I wil be thrilled to receive some when you find the time.

I think I could find A few around for you

Thank you...looking forward to receiving them.

it will take me awhile to get those built back up,what a nice bonus that you will tuck in the ends,the next batch is yours.

Linda

This will be an ongoing project for me. I will be waiting very patiently for anything coming in the future. Thank you for your offer.

Angelfire, I can send you a box of circles on Tuesday. I have some balls of sport weight yarn that I want to give away. Do you want me to send those with the circles?

I really appreciate your doing things for a domestic abuse shelter. No one should have to stay in an abusive situation because they don't have a place to go. :hug

Angelfire, I can send you a box of circles on Tuesday. I have some balls of sport weight yarn that I want to give away. Do you want me to send those with the circles?

I really appreciate your doing things for a domestic abuse shelter. No one should have to stay in an abusive situation because they don't have a place to go. :hug

It would be great as I am making circles from all weight of yarn. Thank you.

Yes, it is diffiult to deal with abusive relationships and when they arrive at the shelter they need a hug...and I am hoping that the blankets will be a comfort.

Thank you to everyone that has offered to help.

Angelfire, I just sent my little box. Enjoy!!

thank you so very much Mary, I appreciate your help

I'll be sending you a box of about 300 first thing Wednesday morning.:yes

WOW...that is going to go a long ways.

I really appreciate all of the help I am receiving and I will be able to get an afghan done so much quicker with your assistance.

Archived