Circles of Hope to help local domestic abuse shelter

angelfire

I know you said that the tails don't have to be tucked in, that you would do that. Do you use the tails to sew them together? I was just wondering cause I am one to NOT send something to someone with the tails untucked :lol

I have started making some, but have the tails tucked.

I meant to say that if you didn't want to tuck tails that is fine, I will do it if needed.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

angelfire - Are you still wanting circles of hope - that is, into the new year. I'd be glad to do some if still needed and I believe you said all sizes (I would follow your directions posted, but some yarn would come out larger or smaller).

Angelfire, I haven't forgotten about you! I've finally finished up all of my commitments for the year except one small one that will be finished by the end of this week. I really want to squeeze this one in beofre I start next year's charity crafting! I was just wondering if there's a particular color that you need, or maybe have an over abundance of... And also curious if there's a particular color you use to join them together?

I join with pink, blue, white, black and sometimes a variegated. I try to keep them cheerful and only use the black with variegated circles. I love the kaleidoscope of colors that make each afghan unique.

I will continue making these as long as I receive circles. I take my time and tuck tails and join as I go. I will post a picture of the next one that is finished after the holiday and I get caught up again.

Thank you for your continued interest. :hug

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I thought I'd come and give this thread a "bump" up, and see if angelfire has any picts of the ghans she has made from the circles.

Sandy

• 2 weeks later...

I'm making them on the weekends during my sons 2 hour hockey clinic both days. i have 2 bags done. when the clinic ends in june there will have been 4 weekends and i'll send them all at once. i'm just a bit over 200 now.

how any does it take to make an afghan?

Hi Mary ~ I read through this topic a few days ago, and if I recall correctly, I believe it was mentioned that it takes 300 to make an afghan. :yarn

[edited to add: Comment on Page 10 confirms quantity needed.]

I've been working with my left over baby (sport weight) yarn, and waiting to see if there are any updated posts indicating that these little circles are still needed. :)

Has anyone heard from angelfire regarding where to send the circles. I have pm her a couple of times asking for the address and haven't heard anything, just thought I'd check.

grandmabap:crocheting

Archived