a halter for my daughter

kkms

this is my very first wearable. overall i am pretty please with myself. i kinda followed a patter for the top part but did the bottom as i went! since kassie is kinda modest i had to make the holes as small as possible. besides she would not be able to wear something to revealing to school! so here we go

pictures are clickable

th_100_0808.jpg

th_100_0805.jpg

th_100_0804.jpg

th_100_0811.jpg

i am not sure what i did wrong but the top bunchs up some if i tie it in the back, if i were bring the straps over like a tank it does not bunch up. i also made the round to small. its a pain to get over her head and after all my hard work i broke it so at 11 pm last night i was trying to put it back together! i was not a happy camper. kassie seems to like it though! i used aunt lydias shimmer. nice stuff to work with.

what do you think?

I think it turned out great. :cheer You could try to make another set of ties and by playing with them a little, find out where on the front they will work so it doesn't bunch up. It would look pretty cute with two sets of straps too!

Your daughter is very pretty and really seems to like it a lot.:manyheart

Great top, what an excellent color for your little girl!

If you're worried about the neck bunching, why not remove the current straps and weave a ribbon through the top and use that as the strap. That way when it bunches(and you'd be able to control how much it bunches by how tight you pull) it'll look like it's supposed to. I've seen a ton of halter tops like this.

But seriously, it's very pretty as is. I tend to be my own worst critic...

Kassie is gorgeous and she does look happy. Sorry it broke, but I am sure Kass will think you're the best mum if you fix it so she can wear it to school after all!! :)

The halter is adorable and so is your little girl. You did an excellent job on it!

I can see what you mean about the bunching at the top. I'm no expert by any means, but it seems to me that if you decide to make it again for her or if you wanted to alter the original (I wouldn't, seeing how much work has gone into that piece) you could decrease the amount of stitches in the first few rows where the bunching occurs. I think it is behaving this way because the measurement across your DD's upper chest between her shoulders is a bit narrower than the pattern expects a child her size to be. It appears that it's sc's across the top, so that would be a fairly simple change. I think that would make the top lie flat against your DD's upper chest. If you decide to work that pattern again and need assistance with adjusting stitches for, I'd be happy to help.

Another option would be to lengthen the straps and tie it more loosely (letting the front hang a bit lower) so that the front will lie flat, but this could potentially make it too low for her. Altering the # of stitches in the rows will allow for the neckline to remain at the current height.

great job love the color. Make sure you write you notes down after you have made the adjustments so if you make another one it will go much easier next time.

notes? what are notes? no in all seriousness thank you all for your nice comments and advise. i am working on one for my younger daughter and this one seems to be to big! i guess i just can't win!!!!! but i also refuse to frog it!

i will keep coming back to this thread while i work on my others! my husband and kassie like it so much they have asked me to make kassie a dress! ugggg. i think my only problem now is to find something to make it with!

thanks agian

Way to go Kris! It looks great - I love the colour and Kassie obviously loves it too :) Now, I hope you realise that your daughters will be asking you to make them new clothes all the time..!

Archived