do you feel cold??then you need a ....

Am I to late to join in? I was just reading through this thread... and notice red roses yarn she had pick out... I just started a shawl in Bernat Baby Coordinates! In white! I am on my 5th row....I wanted to do a rectangular shawl also and had a hard tie finding a pattern. So I decided to just take a gander through my "200 Crochet Blocks" book by Jan Eaton for inspiration. I am doing a shell stitch shawl so far.... but I am thinking about adding some other stitches as I go???? But I am with you... this yarn is wonderful to work with and it is going to be a cuddly soft shawl! :manyheart :manyheart I hope I'm not to late to join you guys! It is fun to see everyone's progress in these cal's. Get me to stay focused!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome aboard. This should be a great place for pics as we all get going along. It could be very interesting to see patterns stitches change over the course of the shawl.

Glad you found us.

The first one took a week. that one took 4 days but I didn't do much of anything else. I used Caron SS red autumn (or something like that).

the best part is you start at the wide end so every row gets faster and faster. Once you get the top half of the hearts finished it's smooth sailing.

Sprat - you could do a couple rows of dc between the stitches to set them off.

Thanks for letting me hang with you guys with this one! I have been working off and on today on my shawl. It is shaping up pretty nice! How is everyone elses coming along? I need to go to bed.... went out for ice cream .. actually "frozen custard" and now I am feeling fat and lazy! Nite nite!

the more the merrier - i'm still waiting on my surina hook to come in and finishing up quite a few wips.

What do you guys think of doing a filet edging with the hearts inside? I know I should stop but I have patterns spinning round & round.

Hubby bought Doris Chan's book Amazing Crochet Lace for me for Mother's Day......I've already finished the Blue Curacao - done in Classic Elite - Provence in Pale Green. I've gotten started on the Crysanthemum Shawl in Shaeffer Lauren. I'm on row 11 right now. I'll have to download the pics and post later.....

CDBear -That looks beautiful!

Here's mine so far. It may not look like much, but I got a lot done last weekend. I think I'm on row 13 now. I altered the pattern a bit. One row was taking forever, so I tried an easier variation (just on that row) and liked it more.

June1004.jpg

those are awsome photos

i shall work on mine this week to finish it

our home is getting colder daily whille the weather gets hotter dailly :hot

Hi Christi!

Fancy meeting you here! I really had fun having you as my partner for the notions swap. And your shawl that your working on is beautiful! :manyheart I have been working on my shawl too! I am on about the 15th row and I am making it up as I go. So far so good. I will try to get photos on here later. I sure wish it was done already... as it is rainy and cold here and expected to stay that way for the next week or so. But I have to work sll weekend long so I probably won't get to much done this weekend. Bummer! I am looking forward to seeing everyone's shawl progress. Later!

Well, due to some major luck, I managed to track down a copy of that heart shawl that RedRose showed us. Now all I have to do is pick up the yarn and find some time to squeeze it in amongst my other projects. I really do love this and it will be my first real attempt at fillet of any kind. I'm so excited!

Go Addey!! Congrats on finding the pattern.

I changed AA's pattern to ch95 and a G hook. It's in Caron SS Berry Blue (torquoise). It's gonna be WARM! I'm thinking of turning it into a pocketbook instead of a shawl!

If my new hook EVER gets here I can start on my lilac hearts!!!!!

:welcome aboard sim (do you have a real name we could use by any chance... Julie Kay has gotten me in the habit of wanting to know 'people" and not just usernames :wlol )

That is a really neat pattern and it would get done much faster than what I have.

As long as you post pics to feed my photo addiction, anything goes. :hug:rofl

This is my shawl so far! I made it quite wide. Because I wanting to really snuggle in! It may take me a while to finish! I should end up being 45 x 60.

misc023-1.jpg

Very nice!!! I still have to pick up the yarn. I probably won't be starting on it for a couple of weeks yet, the yarn budget is tight right now. I can't wait though, it should be beautiful.

I can't wait to see more pictures of people's work! :)

Archived