do you feel cold??then you need a ....

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally finished my shawl!! I tried to take a picture of it, but I could not get one that showed up. I'll try again later. I used aran fleck SS and did a triangle granny with a couple of sc rounds. Washing it made it so soft! I am really liking making shawls. It's just too bad it's so hot! It will be ready when it's cold though. This one took me since December to make, just because I kept working on other things. It's nice to have it done and ready to wear.

• 4 weeks later...

CyM, I'm addicted to shawls right now too! While I've been in bed these last weeks crochet has kept me SANE! I did two Sweet Peas in SS Country Blue Omber~a friend happened to be here as I finished the first, so it's already found a home. ~smile~ I did the second one with a J and like the outcome better than with the I. I still have that first limelight pineapple shawl partially started, and I've started a Crochet Today shawl~something like "Featherweight". I'm using a luscious fingerling wool yarn I was given in a color called "Blueberries in Chocolate". All I can say is ooh-la-la! (((((HUGS))))) sandi~wanting to do more and more and more Sweet Peas!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, everyone! I bought yarn for another Celtic Knot Shawl while in Texas and got the whole thing crocheted in 6 days. I just have to go back and finish hiding all the tails to complete it. It's in black and midnight blue yarn. This one is for myself. It's great for an extra wrap in restaurants and goes well with dressy things, too. Happy crocheting!! :manyheart

• 2 months later...

The weather is turning chilly and it's time to make shawls so I thought I'd boot this thread up to the top. I started the Allegra Morning Jacket by Gourmet Crochet this morning. It's like a shawl that you can make with or without sleeves. I wasn't sure if I'd like the patten since it's different from any other I've tried but it is really easy and the directions are very clear. I hope others will want to get back in this cal, too.

I'm in. I just started the "Be A Friend" Shawl from redheart.com and I'd love to give and receive encouragement!

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently making a Seraphina in simply soft paints, the spring brook colorway and Lion Brand's Very Easy Ripple Shawl in a hand-dyed yarn I bought on Etsy.com...I will post pics when I am done.

Archived