do you feel cold??then you need a ....

The pattern Triskele gave me is working out very well,but the homespun yarn feels too heavy,so I am going to try out some other yarn I have.One of these days I am going to make a seraphina shawl.(maybe after I finish the one for my mom) Leslie

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to try the seraphina. I need to finish my Half moon cupcake one first. They said it can be done in a day, but I have too much other crocheting to do also. I have to start another ripple, a spiderman afghan, first. Glad to see the thread has picked up. Love the seraphina you did, rose red, your version!:cheer I saved the crochetville redone pattern on the computer, plus your instructions. I am afraid to try it with everyone saying how hard it is.

wooooooow

i1m really glad to see the thread still here

rosered the shawl looks amazing

Triskele/Rusty

wooow i`ve worked with van gogh way but didn`t think of a shawl

this is fantastic and the colors looks awsome

Mine is still coming. I worked on it for awhile the other night and it is around 54 inches across the top - I want it closer to 80 or so, so I have a while to go, but I've made major progress. I'm glad this thread got started up again; now I have some more motivation, and a reminder!

With instructions that you can understand - it really is a simple and brilliant pattern. Just try it and if you have any problems with it just pm me and I'll do my best to help.

check out my blog - I've gone Serafina crazy!!!!! 2 brown ones, a hot pink baby doll one, camo - and now I finished my white & light for spring! Can you believe my model's only 12 ?!?!?!?

I am almost done with the half moon shawl, it's big enough to be usable but not as big as I want it. I have a question for those who have made this shawl. Did it have a straight edge on top or did it curve around between the points?

I am almost done with the half moon shawl, it's big enough to be usable but not as big as I want it. I have a question for those who have made this shawl. Did it have a straight edge on top or did it curve around between the points?

Mine had a straight edge! We did a half moon CAL a while back and if I remember right, they all had straight edges. The Seraphina has the curved edge.

• 1 month later...

I started Doily Shell Stitch Shawl by Crochet Guy this morning. I'm using a journal that I started yesterday to keep track of what I'm working on and when I started it. I'm hoping that'll help me to get more done. How's everyone coming along with their projects?

If y'all are still goin', I'd love to join ya! I'm almost halfway through the pineapple shawl (the chair doily) and hafta FROG aaaaallll the way back to the beginning. ~sigh~ I'm using Caron SS in the most luscious summer green, "Limelight", and an I hook. NOT big enough! ACK! I think I'll start over with a K, as I crochet pretty tightly it seems....

Still, I'm *VERY EXCITED!* about this shawl! Even too small it's GORGEOUS and had me wondering if I should finish it for my 2yodd.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

I'm joining in. I have several shawl/wraps to make, and at least two of them will be Kim Guzman's Garden Party Wrap (for sale at http://www.kimanedesign.com no affiliation just a fan) and a poncho ?? for MIL's Indiana winter. I have started one of the GPW's in a Royal Blue rayon I got from Elmore-pisgah, I have Cadet blue for the other GPW, and I have just ordered the Bernat Softee Chunky Pink Camo for the poncho. The other shawl must be Sage green but haven't decided on a pattern yet. I have done one of the GPW's already and a picture of it is posted in my blog (which is in my sig) and also in my Ravelry projects (stormdrac @ ravelry, too.)

Well, the new pineapple is coming along well~I have kept the old to do up for dd. She'll be sooo cute twirling around in that thing~LOL! I'm on like, row fourteen... This is for a summer swap, and I SO hope this yummy color will be appreciated! You know the old addage~give someone something you would like, and they will like it too! LOL! Got a Barbie doll on my sixteenth birthday due to that.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

ETA that I can't get that site to load so I can see what you're workin' on, Stormdrac! ACK!

ETA that I can't get that site to load so I can see what you're workin' on, Stormdrac! ACK!

gpw3_edited.jpggpw2_edited.jpggpw1_edited.jpg

This is the First try(not for this CAL) of the Garden Party Wrap. I have only a couple of rows done for the current CAL and no pics yet...I will as soon as I have enough to photograph.

I think I'll have better luck finishing this if I join you gals for some support. I found the following pattern in the May 1976 issue of "the Workbasket and Home Arts Magazine." I fell in love with it and will be doing it in Bernat Berella "4" in burgundy. It's done using a J hook.

DCP_1422.jpg

Archived