do you feel cold??then you need a ....

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jackie that is very pretty. Lovely colour and nice pattern.

Noahsmom, that is a neat pattern and would work up much faster than my "fantasy" shawl.

Noahsmom, that is a neat pattern and would work up much faster than my "fantasy" shawl.

I thought it looked simple but elegant. It is in UK terms, but shouldn't be too hard to convert to US. There is a chart HERE Basically the only thing to change is the dtr (double treble) to only a treble or a triple crochet.

Crochet tension: 2 groups of triple crochet = 10 cm in the width.

Scarf: Crochet loosely 68 ch on hook size 7 mm with Bomull-lin.

1st row: 1 triple (or treble) crochet in the 5th ch from hook, 2 ch, 2 triple in the same st, *1 ch, skip 6 ch, 2 triple, 2 ch and 2 triple in the same st*, repeat from *-* a total of 9 times (= 10 triple groups).

2nd row: 1 ch, 1 sl st around the ch loop in the first triple group, 4 ch ( = 1 triple), 1 triple around the same ch loop, 2 ch , 2 triple around the same ch loop, *1 ch, in the following ch loop (the one in the following triple group) crochet 2 triple, 2 ch and 2 triple*, repeat from *-* a total of 9 times ( = 10 triple groups).

Repeat the 2nd row until the piece measures approx. 120 cm (about 47 inches), cut and sew the thread.

Turns out that my surina hook came in a week ago but someone forgot to give it to me!. right now i'm working on a pattern for the auction and then I'll be devoting time to the shawl! I'm getting excited!

Thanks everyone! Red rose... it is the same yarn that you are going to use...bernat, baby coordinates! except in white. I really wanted to do a black one but I have a yellow lab and he sheds (everyone who has ever owned a lab can attest to). And I already have learned my lesson making a black poncho! So I figured white would be a good choice. And I LOVE this baby coordinate yarn!

I picked up some of the Bernat Baby Cordinates last night. It was on sale at my Michaels, 2 for $5!! That's almost half price! I'm still not going to start right away, I've got a few things I want to finish off first, but it's on the list. Probably for two weeks from now for my trip to Florida.

I can't wait to get to Michaels! Mom sent me a bday card with $$$$$ and whe sounded all confused when I told her I was getting YARN!!! I was so happy and excited she finally gave in and says "If it makes you that happy spend it all on yarn! You're just like your Grandmother!"

Kitchen cotton, Caron SS, and Bernat Baby Co's HERE I COME!!!

I was right tho, mu Surina hook looks pretty funny with a blue foam cushion on it LOL. I don't know if I'm going to like the way the head handles the yarn yet - it's different - maybe I just have to gt used to it.

I'm going to do the rectangle with the hearts and then I'll do a few rounds of a border. Lavender hearts - what could be better!?!?!?!?!?!? (lavender roses!)

oooOOOOOoo I can't wait to see!! I'm so jeallous. I haven't gotten any splurge money like that in ages. Oh well. I figure I'll start on the hearts for my mom the week of the 18th. I need somehting to keep me out of trouble on my way down to Jacksonville...

I just got back from michaels and I got 2 skeins of bernat baby co's in pastel rainbow colors. When I finish my hearts I'm going to make one in a rainbow with the Van gogh technique!!! YAY

I'm yarn pathetic and I like it!!!!!

Has anybody tried the Butterfly wing shawl pattern posted on here?

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=36845&postcount=1

I have started this one with one strand of black simply soft and one strand of a mohair that I can't remember the name of right now. With a p hook, it is going really fast, but I haven't had much time to work on it.

The other one I am curious about is the Chrysanthemum tea shawl by Doris Chan. Has anybody done that one?

The other one I am curious about is the Chrysanthemum tea shawl by Doris Chan. Has anybody done that one?

I have!! It's really really pretty, and very easy to do. The only place I had any trouble at all was the beginning 2 or 3 rounds.....then it was off to the races! Hopefully, I'll be able to post pics tomorrow.

guys - i really want to know you're favorite repetitive patterns for my van gogh pastel rainbow shawl

please share!!!!!

I really like the Sedge Stitch

it is done by...

(sc, hdc, dc in sc), skip 2 stitches and repeat in next sc. on a multiple of 3st,

You can also use (sc, ch 1, dc) or (sc, 2dc) in the same sc

it would be nice for this with a larger hook even than usual

Thanx Darski - but I'm looking for something with holex in it for summer. I've been on the computer and sewing all day until my needle broke. I'm going to start on my shawl now - if I can ever turn this computer off. lol

I started my shawls. I got Baby Bernat Co' in blue, lilac, green, dark pink, pale yellow, dark yellow (they didn't have orange. I decided to do it in an Iris St. - It's my fave and it has lots of holes with my K 1/2 hook.

The blue is coming out AWESOME. I did a double base chain on the bottom. I'm going to do 2 solids, 2 mixed, etc

I'll probably post a pic of the beginning of the shawl and the yarn tomarrow.

YAY - I'm getting started finally!

WOW! That sounds way cool Red Rose! I can't wait to see pics! I bet it is going to be beautiful! AND soft! May I ask what is an Iris stitch? Just the name is pretty!

Can I join with a wrap/stole instead of a shawl?

I just started a wrap (rectangle) from a shawl (triangle) pattern. Here's the pattern:

http://www.craftown.com/crochet/pat51.htm

I'm also attempting it in thread. I'm really excited about it now, but I'm sure I'm going to need some encouragement to get it finished.

I have a question - is this pattern written for a triangular shawl? Does this mean you are adjusting it to be a rectangle? It is hard to tell from the photo and I just now went back and read your post. I think I need caffeine! :think

I have a question - is this pattern written for a triangular shawl? Does this mean you are adjusting it to be a rectangle? It is hard to tell from the photo and I just now went back and read your post. I think I need caffeine! :think

It is for a triangle shawl. And yes, I'm attempting to make it as a rectangle. The edges are a slight problem, but it's working out.

I didn't like the way the capelet was looking so I started a shawl today. I bought the latest issue of Crochet! today at Books A Million. I love the shawl in it by Kristin that is one of the ladies here on the boards. It's so different. I've started the inner pieces in a varigated yarn. I'm almost done with the first piece of it.

Archived