do you feel cold??then you need a ....

Very nice! And V stitches are also easy to do decreases and increases with if you wanted to do a triangle. Simply slip stitch in the first V of the row and leave off the last one to decrease, or 2 V in the first and last to increase.

I love the color Darski and it looks like the puppy is quite interested as well :D

yep, he is just the sweetest thing... loves everything I do and wants in every pic.

I just used him for the Dog's best friend's scarf. he was a natural for that one.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darski - I Love it!!! the color is beautiful too! What size hook are you using?

that is a 5mm (H) hook. it really is a neat shawl already. i am going go keep going on it for the July Blitz. it is light, warm and mindless - the perfect pattern for summer work

that is a 5mm (H) hook. it really is a neat shawl already. i am going go keep going on it for the July Blitz. it is light, warm and mindless - the perfect pattern for summer work

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I've gotten sidetracked from my cal projects. I went to get clothespins from the bag today hanging on the clothesline. There's a birdnest with eggs in it! So I'm going to quick crochet a new bag since I have a pattern I've been wanting to do. I'll buy new clothespins tomorrow. Most of mine are under the nest. LOL I'm keeping an eye out to see the birds that made the nest.

Wow! Now that's a reason to make a new bag! Congrats on bing a bird auntie.

I've been side tracked too. The tank top I was working on (and about 3/4 done) for myself has taken a U-turn... I did a decrease of a sort somehow about 5" into the front pannel (I was 14" in when I noticed) and need to figure out how/if I should fix it... Maybe I'll take a break from my top to make mom's shawl... or maybe I'll just plug along with the top....

I've gotten sidetracked from my cal projects. I went to get clothespins from the bag today hanging on the clothesline. There's a birdnest with eggs in it! So I'm going to quick crochet a new bag since I have a pattern I've been wanting to do. I'll buy new clothespins tomorrow. Most of mine are under the nest. LOL I'm keeping an eye out to see the birds that made the nest.

I Have been working on my shawl and have about 30" done! Yahoo! Now I have decided to put a big granny in the middle! I think the real reason is that I am having a hard time sticking to one color and that being white! I NeVER Have made myself something that is totally white! I am a color person! But I want to be able to wear it with anything! So I 'm thinking about adding some black to the granny! LOL It is a work in progress!

Sprat - if you're a color person decide to make 2. 1 in white and 1 for you in your fav!!!

I'm kinda stalled 1/2 way thru the 2nd row of hearts. My hands still hurt from that day with kitchen cotton.

I'm going to start mine either tomorrow or Monday. finally! I really can't wait. I need to get it done this week or next, because my Gram is having surgery (kidney removed) on the 3rd, and I think my mom will need this one. My Gram just recieved a very nice new prayer shawl from some people who live where she does. I think my mom needs one... this is really stressing her out. (Me too... but that's another story...) I think I'm going to modify the heart pattern and only do 8 rows of hearts instead of 9.... Mom's short like me. wish me luck.

red rose... the heart shawl is looking beautiful! You suggested to do one in white and one in colors... I already have several in colors. This is my one that I want to be able to grab it and go and not worry if it matches! LOL

Cool-I'm 5'4'' and the point of the red heart sawl is in really annoying place lol.

:lol I'm 5'4" too. Good to know you thought it was a little long, as my mom is even shorter than me (4'11" or so...). I just was about to start to get everything set for the trip tomorrow. (Too bad I'll be in Jacksonville this week....)

Yours is looking great!! :):cheer

You're only gonna be about 100 miles from me lol

I know, you're in the Tampa area right? I'm going to be soo busy it's not even funny... I'll be at the plant about 12 hours tomorrow, 8 on Wednesday and Thursday. I do have a 3pm flight on Friday, which means I may, just may, get a chance to see a beach for an hour or so. (I really hope so... I love the beach and with this job don't get there enough...)

Anyhow, about my shawl. It only took two tries, but I managed to get the right number of dc to start my shawl. (Well, I was off by 3 the second time, but it wasn't enough to frog and start again, it's the top corner and will end up getting fringed or edged somehow...) I'm almost done the first row of hearts and it's looking very nice. It's just about the same width as my arm span, and I'm 5'4". I think it'll be just about right for my mom. I'd post a picture, but I don't have the connector for my camera to my laptop and my camera phone can't get a good enough picture. You'll have to wait until the weekend when I get home. I so can't wait to finish this and get it to my mom. She'll be soooo surprised! :lol:yay

i`m so happy with all these posts and works

i froged my shawl i want to start it over to work on the length because working on the wedth seems un end able lol :lol

Well, I'm figuring I'm about 1/3 of the way done. I can't wait to show you pictures when I get home. I hope everyone else is having as much luck and fun as I am. I'd be almost halfway done if I hadn't had to frog 4 rows. I filled in a square that should have been open, and it threw off the rest of the pattern. Oh well. I'd made a few other little errors in the rows as well and they're all fixed now.

I haven't touched my purple shawl in days I guess I have to be in the right mood to make hearts and I just haven't been.

I did make the cutest sun dress for a teddy bear (I promised Amber's best friend a while ago and made it while she was here for a sleep over) and of course - forgot to take a pic of it.

I've been working a lot on my shawl. I ended up being able to come home yesterday, which was a nice change. As much as I wanted to bum around FLA for a day, I'm home so little these days.... (besides, it had been raining off and on since about Tuesday, more on than off, and it wasn't supposed to let up until Fri afternoon...)

I just started my 4th row of 7 hearts, so I'm more than halfway there and about halfway there on length. It's going pretty quick, except I've had to rip out two or more rows almost every single heart because I did something wrong that reall shows up and can't be ignored... little errors I leave in. I'll post a pic later once I get my photos downloaded from the camera and uploaded.

you and me both with leaving the little mistakes in.

too bad you didn't get a chance to check out the hot springs on the St. John's River. Welcome to summer in FLA - it rains everyday. We're 20 some inches into a drought so no one's really complaining too much.

i just wish the sun would come out.

Archived