do you feel cold??then you need a ....

......... A SHAWL

as for me i know i love to make some shawls and i don`t wanna work alone

please be with me:devil:yes

there is scarf cal , sock cal, wearables, hand bags >>>etc but no one is working on shawls

it`s a nice gift with a hand bag or something :manyheart

come on please be with me:manyheart:cheer

i`m gonna make ripple shawl , tringle shawl made of squares or maybe of colored rounds:yay :clap

sooooooooooo who is IN?????

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll join you soon - i have a few things to finish up and then I want to make a summer weight one. I just have no idea what yarn to use that's not as warm as acrylic and honestly - a thread shawl scares me.

Count me in!!!! There is a pattern that I have wanted to try but keep putting it off...this is the perfect time! This will also be my very 1st. CAL...yes, I am a CAL "virgin" :blush:cheer:clap

Debbie :manyheart

This could work because I have a shawl to finish for our local prayer shawl ministry

http://www.freevintagecrochet.com/shawls/fantasy-shawl-pattern.html

This is my current Thankful Thursday item. I am making it in a beautiful rose coloured yarn.

This pattern stitch is wonderful and easy to do. so you might want to add it to the list anyway.

RoseRed

you`re welcome

don`t use thread cotton yarn will fit trust me i`m thinking of one ;)

Deb

you are more than welcome

which pattern you are useing??

Hmm.... Mom was up on Mother's Day and was admiring my 'wedding shawl' (a shawl a good friend at work made for me for my wedding...) and tried it on. It looked great on her. I'm in the process of trying to finish/make a vest for her, but I'm thinking a shawl in addition would be great. She's always complaining she's cold. I've got a wrap I keep at work for just that reason and made an almost matching one for my grandmother last year for Christmas. I just need to find a pattern to use that I like. Anny suggestions? I want something I can make a little smaller if needs be, mom's kinda short. I also want something I can travel with to work on, as I'm never home....

Lea

welcome

is there a pattern of it on line or in abook??

Addey

thats great welcome with us

if you have any ripple pattern that you find it easy to make you can make it as a shawl

i`m trying to pic a pattern of jan eaton 200ripple stiches pattern for mine

I found an old pattern made with a fine yarn (I bought Dazzelaire) and it is all done in mesh and block stitches and an "E" hook. The back has a picture of the Virgin Mother on it. It is quite beautiful but I have never worked with this type of yarn or pattern before. It will be slow going for me!

Debbie

RoseRed

you`re welcome

don`t use thread cotton yarn will fit trust me i`m thinking of one ;)

Deb

you are more than welcome

which pattern you are useing??

i am working on this pattern

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/60274AD.html

and i love it. but it does suck up a lot of yarn! i am using woolease chunky in deep rose. i calculated how much yarn i would need and so far have used 2 times what i thought. but it is easy to make and is really pretty. i can't wait to finish and post a picture. i was going to give it as a gift but decided to keep it because i spent a lot of $ on the yarn and i LOVE it. :)

welcome susan

i wish this cal will help you to finish it

stichluva

thats an awsom pattern i guess it`s kinda new cause this is the 1st time i notice it wooooooooooow

Can I join with a wrap/stole instead of a shawl?

I just started a wrap (rectangle) from a shawl (triangle) pattern. Here's the pattern:

http://www.craftown.com/crochet/pat51.htm

I'm also attempting it in thread. I'm really excited about it now, but I'm sure I'm going to need some encouragement to get it finished.

I love that pattern and I am extra glad that I found it tonight and not tomorrow morning. :rofl

I have started it now so it is a UFO fer shure. You are going to make it very hard for me to "Look up into the Sky! :wlol

I still have my charity Fantasy shawl going as well.

My fingers are just itching to get at that new Evening (?) shawl I just started but I have to be good and get some other stuff done first. :tryme

How are y'all doing with your shawls so far. I really like them and I will need a couple for the charity blitz in July. so more pattern links are always welcome.

Well I have not been working on my shawl very much. I had started a quilt looking afghan and I seem to be obsessed with it! I was having a hard time because it is a "join as you go" and I have never done one before. But my shawl that I started is still there...calling my name...anyone out there feeling my pain? :) Any inspiration would be appreciated!!!! :yarn

i bought myself an early bday present - the yarn for my shawl. Actually a stole - i love the rectangle ones! I'm thinking of something in filet maybe. That evening shawl is GORGEOUS!

If anyone has any ideas or patterns for me to check out I just love roses and hearts!!!

dep

if you intered (look up in the sky)cal you will orgnize your work by deviding each one on a seperate day

try it

rosered chech

about.com

search (crochet filet shawls) i wish this helps

Archived