do you feel cold??then you need a ....

Just checking in. I've done some work on my shawl turned stole. I'm now on row 5. This is going to take forever!

How is everyone else coming along?

Darski -I'm glad you've decided to be good and get some other stuff done first! I won't have to tattle to Julie now. ;)

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Thursday project is the Fantasy shawl so I can still chat here... just not about the Evening shawl for a while.

RoseRed, I am giving you the link to the main page for the Connected Hearts shawl at About dot com. It is beautiful filet but it is triangular and not rectangular.

The main page doesn't have the biggest pic but it is a place to begin for this work of art.

http://crochet.about.com/b/a/257591.htm

Hi everyone, May I join you all in here? I have joined the "look up into the sky" CAL but on Tuesdays I have shawls down as my ufo projects. I have at least 4 started that need to be finished. I have just finished one yesterday (Tuesday in Australia). I will post a picture very soon. I just love making shawls. :lol

i bought myself an early bday present - the yarn for my shawl. Actually a stole - i love the rectangle ones! I'm thinking of something in filet maybe. That evening shawl is GORGEOUS!

If anyone has any ideas or patterns for me to check out I just love roses and hearts!!!

I'll have to look up the pattern, but I'm sure that it was found on CPC, that my friend made me for my wedding present two years ago. It's triangular, but it's a fillet rose. She made mine in white and it's gorgeous! She made herself one in lavender and it's just as pretty.

I haven't started on mine yet. I haven't found a pattern I like for mom. I like the half-moon shawl, but I don't think I want to use the Lion Brand yarn. I'm trying to finish a few more time-sensitive projects first. I figure I have until the first of August to get Mom's done.

Tomorrow is my day to work on mine as it is for a Prayer Shawl ministry here. It would be nice to be doing a few others just as a Shawl Thursday thingy but the Thankful part takes precedence.

Oh wait. I have to finish a lapghan tomorrow. :sigh way too many WIP's for my own good or pleasure.

Can I join with a wrap/stole instead of a shawl?

I just started a wrap (rectangle) from a shawl (triangle) pattern. Here's the pattern:

http://www.craftown.com/crochet/pat51.htm

I'm also attempting it in thread. I'm really excited about it now, but I'm sure I'm going to need some encouragement to get it finished.

------------

EM good luck with that! I recently finished a shawl in size 5 thread, and it took forever to complete - but the finished product is so worth it.

Yes - isn't it beautiful. It has a white thread running thru it also. If you get a chance yo ucan check it out at the yarn store. It's Bernat Baby Coordinates. I fell in love with it in white and when I saw the lilac - IT WAS MINE!!!

My thread from Herrshnerrs finally came in so I'm working on Katchkan's Twilight's Touch Doily while I'm think of a pattern for my shawl.

RoseRed, I've used that yarn before and I LOVE it. I used the yellow/white in some teddybear clothes and the pink/purple in my own RR. It's nice and easy to work with. I really like the lilac color you chose.

I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do for my mom... Something pretty but not fussy or too 'girly'. She'll mostly be using it as something to keep the chill off at work, she and my dad own a framing gallery. Any suggestions?

Thanks Darski! It really is a great yarn to work with too. I just found out that I'm getting a size G Surina hook for a late b-day present YAY!!! i'll have to try it out on the shawl!!! i'm so excited I can't wait. (but I feel a little disloyal to Jimbo being so excited about another brand of hook.)

Ok ~ So I haven't worked much on my shawl...but I have been thinking about it! Does that count! I have about 4 other WIP and I just can't seem to set aside a day for one specific project. Oh well...I will keep plugging along! Hey, I wanted to ask where the pattern for the Sweet Pea Shawl is at? Is it in the happy hooker book? I know that I have seen it somewhere!

Oh, and I too LOVE your lavender yarn! Does anyone out there know where I can find Organic Cotton yarn? What is it and how expensive is it?

Thanks in advance for all your help...I know I can count on you all! :hug

deb - I have no idea what organic cotton is.

I can't believe all the wips i'm finishing up! I still haven't picked out the pattern for my shawl yet. I have a gorgeous filet with hearts that I did in red in a triangle - I'm thinking of altering the pattern to make it a rectangle.

PC290044.jpg

What do you ladies think?

Archived