Round ripple in thread ** Very last pixs post 59**

vonnie

Well I am makeing the round ripple in thread, size 10, hook size 7 and it is takeing forever!!! I have used three full balls of Traditions in white with 5 rows of beige mixed in, it is only about 30" across. I have one more ball of white left and hopefully enough beige for one more row. I would post a picture but can't while I am on the road......so help me finish this last ball of thread and I think I will try and put beads around the outside then when I get home I will take a picture and show you how a round ripple looks in thread......I think I am on row 54 don't know how many a round ripple afghan has but it seems to take forever to get around it now.....

:cheer Cheerleaders Please :cheer

OK, FINISHED THIS FINALLY WITH HELP FROM DREAMSOFYARN FOR SENDING ME ENOUGH THREAD TO FINISH...IT MEASURES 51" ACROSS PIX OF IT ON POST 44 THANKS FOR BEING GREAT CHEERLEADERS

VERY LAST PIXS POST 59!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you can do this Vonnie. It is not unlike the lovely tablecloths that you make. You can get it done before you get home this time. :D

:cheerGO VONNIE :cheerGO VONNIE :cheerGO VONNIE:cheer

You can do it. I started a round ripple in thread to match a round ripple ghan I made for my best friend/sister, but it is on hold right now. I have too many ghans to make before I can get back to the thread one. I do pick it up every once in a while and do a round or two. I haven't decided how big I will make my thread one. Can't wait to see yours.

YOU CAN DO IT :clap:clap

:cheer GO VONNIE :cheer

Well, I ran out of thread, and it is only 36" diameter. I used, approx, 1800 yds of thread so far. 4 full balls of traditions white at 400 yds a ball and then I added beige every 11 rows for 1 row. I was going to stop but if I can find a few more balls of white that looks like it will match then I am going to do at least another set of rows and get it to around 40". I can't get anymore thread until I get back to OR as the town I am in now isn't big enough to have a yarn store.....soooooo the saga goes on, I will keep you posted and add pictures when I get home. Thanks for the encouragement.

OK, this is where we are, I have ran out of thread, but have ordered more, I think it needs to be just a little bit bigger....what do you think?

Here it is on my queen sized bed:

Crochetdoilies009.jpg

and another view

Crochetdoilies008.jpg

Here it is on the steering wheel table...I think it needs to be longer and maybe with some beads?????

Crochetdoilies010.jpg

do you like the white with beige???

Crochetdoilies011.jpg

I didn't think I would like the RR in thread, but I really do......

How about you?? Do you think it looks ok???:think

Oh that is simply divine! What a clever idea to put it in thread. You should be really proud of it, it's beautiful.

I wouldn't put any beads, it looks great as is.:clap :clap

Archived