Round ripple in thread ** Very last pixs post 59**

vonnie

What a beautiful job! The thread really brings out the 3D effect (at least on the bed I saw it). I'm on the "no beads" side.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As it is now, I have used 4 full balls @ 400 yds each for the white and about 1/2 one of beige....so at least 1800 yds. I am waiting on more thread, I want another 12 rows or so, I want it a little longer on the steering wheel. It really came out better than I thought it would. I am going to try the beads (hey I am an old lady who likes beads) and can always take them back off if I don't like the way they look. I can't decide if I want to try seed beads and then put a bigger bead on the points....I am going to experiment and see what I like. But I have to wait for the new thread to come in, and also have to do my SWAP.....YEAH!!!! first.... I will post more pictures after I finish it....

Thanks for the nice compliments, that is why I love this site,,,,,,,all the nice warm feeling you get for people who appreciate all your hard work.....

Hello Here is a picture of my round ripple for my grandson. Oops not sure how to add apciture

Hello Here is a picture of my round ripple for my grandson. Oops not sure how to add a pcture

Vonnie, that is gorgeous. You have done a fantastic job on it. :clap:clap

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Now I hope that mine (that is on hold for now) turns out as pretty as yours. Then again, mine probably won't end up being that big. I am doing mine to match a round ripple ghan that I will be sending to my sister/best friend. It will probably end up being a really big doily!! She has 4 cats and they would see that as a great toy if I made it as a tablecloth!

Beautiful! I, for one, LOVE the beige and white together... very classy. :manyheart

excellent! I had been tossing around the idea of making one for the steering wheel table(motorhome people will know what i mean) and now I know I will do it for sure,,, not in thread tho, I can't do too thin of thread, but will find something. Thank you so much for sharing this idea

~~maryann~~

you just gave me an idea to make a thread round ripple to set my Christmas tree stand on next year ... I have LOTS of the Bernat handicrafter variegated thread that I bought on sale several years ago and have yet to complete anything with it!!

I love the way your RR turned out, looks great on the table.

I can't wait to get home and see if the rest of my thread has arrived, I am really anxious to finish this up. I really think it needs to be a little bigger. I have decided not to add beads, I think it would distract from the tabletopper.......I think Christmas colors would look great, maybe I will make another one......blue/white......red/green/white ??? The choices are endless.....I am beginning to love this pattern and I wasn't sure at first, might have to try another rr afghan...Thanks to all for the nice compliments and comments...I will post updated pictures when it is done.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I got more thread same brand but it seems thicker. I am going to try a couple of rounds and see how it looks......I am so dissappointed in the thread, I was really wanting to make this bigger.......pictures are on post 16......I will repost if I do get to make bigger.......

:bow I bow to a master craftsman when I see one! This is just outstanding! Too bad you didn't travel through Charlotte NC! I just purchased a cone of white thread that weighs 20 pounds! It is HUGE! LOL I have begun to change all patterns into thread patterns and do mostly baby dresses in threads. I am doing one in ECRU right now using a 9 pound cone... I have the purse to tote it too! So next time you are in NC and need white thread.. stop on by!

• 1 month later...

I want to Thank you all for your :cheer me on...I did finally finish,

A Big Thank You :hug to Dreamsofyarn for sending me enough :yarn to finish this...OK pixs:

Before when I ran out of thread:

th_Crochetdoilies008.jpg

th_Crochetdoilies010.jpg

And now finished: Can't show it on the steering wheel table because Motorhome is in the shop, but you get the idea of size:

th_IM001590.jpg

th_IM001589.jpg

This was made with about 12 balls of size 10 DMC traditions Thread. Size 7 hook, it is just the same Round Ripple you have been making in yarn only I used thread.....it is approx 51" across...I put a shell edging on it.....

Hope you enjoy the pixs and again THANKS for all the encouragement:manyheart

Archived