Raspberry Frappé -15" doll

darski

Raspberry Frappé – 15 inch doll :pinterest

post-4896-0-46152000-1364347303_thumb.jpg

This came about because I just loved the colour of the yarn. I hope that you can see that it is not quite rose, not quite orange and not quite red. Raspberry Frappé just kept coming to my mind and so I went for the ice cream motif as well.

This is made with a thicker WW yarn so make your plans from that info.

I started the pants with 5.5mm hook (on purpose) and then changed to 5mm hook for the next rows and the rest of the outfit. The hat is made with the 5.5mm hook
CB = Centre Back CF = Centre Front

post-4896-0-71787500-1364347304.jpg

Pants…Bell Bottoms for Dora! :wlol

Legs: do not break off yarn after making the second leg.

Row 1: With 5.5mm hook…Chain 25, join to form a ring and work dc around.

Row 2: [switch to 5mm(H) hook] and work dc around with dec at last two stitches.

Row 3: dc around making decrease at beginning of round.

Row 4: work dc around with dec at last two stitches.

Row 5: dc around making decrease at beginning of round.

Row 6-8: work even but increase one dc at the end of round 8.

Torso Row 1: Align the two legs and join with sc across 5 stitches to form crotch. Continue around legs working dc but at CB work a Treble into the (sc) join and in the stitch on either side of the joining, join to dc at CF.

T Row 2: work even in dc.

T Row 3: Work in dc but work decreases on either side of CF and CB stitches. (decrease 4 sts)

T Row 4: dc around but work one decrease at CB.

Please note that these pants will stay “up” on the doll without a waistband elastic. It is largely about the nature of the yarn but the few decreases make sure of it. The picture shows how well they fit.

Top…

post-4896-0-12128200-1364347304_thumb.jpg

Remember to allow for a closure method. This top is generous and will easily provide space for Velcro as written.

Chain 22,
Row 1: Dc into 3rd chain from hook and work across making dc in 1, 2 dc in next. (30 dc)

Row 2: hdc in first dc and next 3, 2 hdc in next 2 dc, hdc in 3 dc, 2 hdc in next 2 dc, hdc in 8 dc, 2 hdc in next 2 dc, hdc in 3, 2 hdc in next 2 dc, hdc in last 4 dc.

Row 3: ch2, dc in 1st stitch. dc in 4, 2dc in next dc ch 1, 2 dc in next dc, dc in 5 dc, 2dc in next dc ch 1, 2 dc in next dc, dc in next 10 dc, 2dc in next dc ch 1, 2 dc in next dc, dc in 5, 2dc in next dc ch 1, 2 dc in next dc, dc in 4 dc, 2 dc in last.

Row 4: dc around with V- st in ch 1 spaces

Row 5: dc up to and including V-st, dc in next V-st, dc up to and including V-st, dc in next V-st, dc to end. Sleeves separated

Row 6: 2dc in 1st, dc in 3, 2dc in next around

Row 7: work even in dc

Row 8: work even in hdc. Break off and tidy ends.

I did not add sleeves as I see this as a summer outfit but sleeves would be really cute as well, Just work some DC rows if you want sleeves
The Ice Cream motif: I used chocolate, strawberry and vanilla for my ice cream plus a colour that suited the cone but make what works for you. (I’m hoping that you can tell that it is an ice cream cone :wlol )

Cone: Using cone colour, ch 2, work 2 hdc in 2nd ch from hook. Ch1 turn.

Work hdc in 1s hdc, hdc between hdc and hdc in last hdc. Ch1 turn.

Work hdc in hdc, 2hdc in next hdc, hdc in hdc. Ch1 turn.

Sc across. Finish off and leave a long tail for sewing.

Ice cream scoops: with chocolate and leaving a long tail for sewing,
Ch 8, sc in 2nd ch from hook and next ch. Treble(makes a drip of ice cream) in next ch, sc across, Ch1 turn.
Work 6 dc and 2 trc in 4th sc from last row. Join with sc in last sc. Break off.

Attach Strawberry and work a 7 dc shell into the chocolate scoop. Secure and break off – don’t leave a tail for this one.
Attach Vanilla and work a 7dc shell in the Strawberry scoop. I put mine off centre but see what works for you.

Stitch the cone on the front of the top. Attach your ice cream on top of the cone with the “drip” hanging over the cone. Finish with a French knot worked on top as a cherry.

post-4896-0-31232400-1364347305_thumb.jpg

The Hat that started it all. This hat is again a loose fit. I need to re-think my hat strategy but it looks cute so we will just go as it was done.

Row 1: Ch 2, 8 hdc in 2nd chain from hook and join (for every round).

Row 2: 2 hdc in each hdc.

Row 3: hdc in 3, 2 hdc in next around.

Row 4: as for row 3. (you might get away with just working even here)

Row 5-6: hdc around.

LPS: The Long Puff stitches are worked two rows below and only have 5 loops on hook. [pull thru loop, yo, pull thru loop, yo, pull thru loop] yo and pull through all loops on hook.

post-4896-0-64670700-1364347306_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-17953100-1364347307.jpg

Row 7: Work hdcin 2, LPS in next, around.

Rows 8-10: work even in hdc.

Row 11: FPsc in st, 2FPsc in next around

Row 12-13: Dc evenly around.

post-4896-0-91770800-1364347305.jpg

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2007

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

I said this out loud .....omg I got to get me a doll !! I LOVE it!! I might even have yarn that color. Thank YOU so much Darski for sharing all your patterns!!!

Darski,

I've gone through and looked at all your doll patterns that you've posted on Crochetville. They're all impressive, but I especially love all of those for Dora!

Before I jump in, buy a doll, and start crocheting, I was wondering. It seems that Dora has a rather large head. Is that part of her character design, or do most 15" dolls have about the same dimensions? Would you recommend buying this exact same doll to make these clothing? If so, do you know the name of this particular Dora doll?

Thanks! Your designs are very inspiring!

~ Joy

Thanks to you I've just spent the last 45 minutes finding all of your doll patterns to keep on file. I have a 14 month daughter who will one day be thrilled with all you've done. I may start them long before she's ready for them -because I don't think I can wait!

Darski,

I've gone through and looked at all your doll patterns that you've posted on Crochetville. They're all impressive, but I especially love all of those for Dora!

Before I jump in, buy a doll, and start crocheting, I was wondering. It seems that Dora has a rather large head. Is that part of her character design, or do most 15" dolls have about the same dimensions? Would you recommend buying this exact same doll to make these clothing? If so, do you know the name of this particular Dora doll?

Thanks! Your designs are very inspiring!

~ Joy

This doll is the "Dress up Adventure" Dora at 15 inches tall. The large head is part of the Dora 'mystique" and is not usual in most dolls. (at least not to this degree)

The only challenge is that the hats for Dora have to allow for that larger cranium but that should be easy to compensate for if you used other dolls with a similar body type.

Part of why these patterns work is the fact that this Dora has a hard plastic body of a specific shape. I think it might be possible to use these patterns for the Disney Princesses (not babies though)as the bodies seem similar and have that 10 on waist/chest measurement.

Someone here at the Ville was going to try these on the Princesses. Maybe they could mention whether that did work out. I have been so tempted to get one of the D. Princess dolls just to check this out.

Ok, I think I have talked this to death. Hope this helps.

So cute, and the color IS beautiful! You are really talented at designing these doll outfits Darski:yes ! Thanks for another wonderful one!:hug

That outfit is just the cutest! It really looks a lot like what the girls are wearing nowadays. What I love the most about your designs is that little girls of any age can have them. I am so sick of *trashy* type doll clothes. Yours just take the cake!

Do you hapen to remember what kind and color that yarn is? My dd just loves that color, it would be fun to make her a summer outfit out of.

That outfit is just the cutest! It really looks a lot like what the girls are wearing nowadays. What I love the most about your designs is that little girls of any age can have them. I am so sick of *trashy* type doll clothes. Yours just take the cake!

Do you hapen to remember what kind and color that yarn is? My dd just loves that color, it would be fun to make her a summer outfit out of.

It is RH comfort- one pound and colour number 3206

• 3 weeks later...

Archived