Crochet Stitch Markers

i had a friend who beads make me some of those fun beaded stitch markers that i could not wait to use because everyone brags about them and do you know what i am using? a bobby pin. just seems so much easier. so maybe i will take the clasp off the beaded on and put some kind of hook on.

i use split ring markers that i received a a gift or the safety pin markers that i have. i prefer the safety pin markers as the split ring usually seem to snag on my yarn when i take them off.

nadine

I love the split ring markers by lion brand...I've bought tons of them...cause I keep losing them!:blush

I bought some plastic markers for my knitting (I think they would be called split ring but not sure). :think

At any rate, I prefer to make little yarn circles for my knitting and I always use strands of yarn to mark my crochet stuff. I find that the yarn bits are more user friendly especially for :knit

That being said, just to try it... I did use 10 little gold safety pins to help count out a starting chain that was 256 stitches and they did work well for that.:yes

My mom always used a piece of yarn (different color). However, I have small children that like to pull out things like that (bookmarks too). I use a slightly unbent paper clip. It's easy to get on and off, and I don't have to worry about little hands pulling it out.

I use the plastic rings at WalMart...bought another box when I misplaced the first. :) They open at the top and you can close them by slipping the little peg into the hole. They work really well and come in a nice little blue plastic box.

I love the split ring markers by lion brand...I've bought tons of them

I love these, too! Because they are colored, I can use them in different ways. Some I use to keep track of how many repeats of a pattern I've done. I'm doing a round ripple, and I've got one in each point. In addition to the ones for round/row markers.

I've also made some safety pins with letters to mark what size hook I'm using (I love this idea!)

And I do use bobby pins as well.

I don't remember where I got this tip, but I was told not to thow away old earrings (hoops especially) because they make good stitch markers. Next time you lose one earring, look at it as gaining a stitch marker :) .

I use stitch markers that I was gifted, or RAOK'd, I LOVE them, the ones I have recieved are light weight made of little beads, they are PERFECT for making my doilies, to keep track of where the round starts, I LOE them, of course if you do thread, you want to use something light weight so it doesn't streatch out your stitches.

I use stitch markers that were gifted to me; they're basically hook earrings. They work great, as long as they're not too heavily beaded. I also love to use hair claws (tiniest size) because they're so easy to place and remove, and stay on well.

I'm using loop earrings. I found a pair at WalMart (I think for $2 or $3) where the back just snaps open and closed. They work so much better than the loop earrings where there is no back closing at all.

Archived