I got some lighted hooks today!!!

CDBear

I'm so very excited!!! A while back, the owner of the LYS I frequent asked what kinds of notions and things I'd like to see. We talked about some yarns, and I told her that I had been considering ordering the lighted hooks. Well, today, my husband and I were visiting at the shop, and she mentioned that she got the lighted hooks in.......YIPPEE!! :cheer

I bought an H and an E (I'm working on a project that requires that size)....can't wait to try them!!! They are from Clover, and the heads look a lot like the Boye hooks I'm used to.......

Happy Dancin' in Mississippi!!!! :jumpyay:woo:party:bounce:elle:ducky

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so far i have the sizes F through K im not sure i will get the other sizes i just dont use anything that small like a C or D i was looking at them yesterday at Joanns and mannnnn do they look smallllllllll in that size lol the F is good for fleece the most common size i use is an H and K

I saw them in JoAnn's today also and they were 40% off. Even with the sale, I think they were still around $6 each. I looked at them thru the packaging and decided I would wait until I really really wanted one. I can't see why I would need a lighted crochet hook just because.

Just wanted to post and tell y'all how much I love these hooks!!! I'm working with the H, and it handles beautifully! The only trouble I have is that the end is very, very bright.......and there is a ridge I can feel on the head, like where the mold seams were. Not anything I can't work around tho......

This makes me want to try the other Clover hooks too!

I have 2 of these new lighted hooks, a G and a J, and I really like them. I haven't tried them on black yarn yet (the reason I bought them) but I do like the size of them and the way they feel to hold. I have the unlighted Clover hooks and LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

I bought three of these, D, F, G these are the sizes I use most. I bought them because we travel and I crochet while we travel and they really help when it is dark.....love them

• 3 weeks later...

I reviewed these on my blog. It's actually my second post.

Since I put up that review, I've discovered that in addition to being good for bus stops after dark, it's also good for dimly lit restaurants while waiting to be seated or waiting for food. I'm also finding that as I get used to it, it's easier to use than when I first started with it.

I bought just one of these for when we went on vacation to North Carolina. We always drive at night and the light worked great in the dark. The problem I have is that when I crochet I tend to roll the hook between my fingers (if you know what I mean), so I need a round handle. So, I won't be buying anymore of these or any clover hooks that I've been eyeballing. I guess I'll have to stick with plain old Boye hooks.

I just got the F hook. Boy do I love this thing. Not only is it the right length for my hand, but it glides through the yarn. I will be looking to get at least an G or H in the future.

I wish my Joann's carried them. They don't even carry the lighted knitting needles.

I just got the F hook. Boy do I love this thing. Not only is it the right length for my hand, but it glides through the yarn. I will be looking to get at least an G or H in the future.

I wish my Joann's carried them. They don't even carry the lighted knitting needles.

Yea, our JoAnn's isn't carrying them either, maybe seeings how my NAME is JoAnn, they NEED to order them for me...:lol , for free of course..lol..

maybe someday, far far away, but they would come in great for our summer camping no doubt about that!

i sure would like a couple. I like to corchet outside at night, and I have to carry a kerosene lamp...

Its annoying, and I burn myself at least once a week. (i'm so graceful:eek )

How bright are they?

I am making my nephew an afghan with camo yarn and dark sage green. I ordered one of these hooks because the green is so dark and hard to work with. I am getting it tomorrow, so we'll see! I am so hoping it will make working with this yarn easier.

Lorry

i have recently seen them at Joanns so start looking at yours soon they should be coming in ours got them about a week or so ago and i have seen 3 or 4 differant stores with them so far out here keep an eye open i love these hooks i have the full set now and like Tampadoll said they just glide through the work..

I just got mine in the mail today, from JoAnn's. I tested it out with some yarn from a project I made earlier this week, when I really needed it. Sure would have helped. Glad I've got 'em now. Only thing: they don't work as smoothly with the yarn as the regular clover hooks. At least I'll be able to see what I'm doing, though!

How bright are they?

They're pretty bright. The tip is especially bright, almost annoyingly so.....but not so much so that you can't work around it. :P

I think I have to break down and buy one or two.

Last night we went to the drive-in. I bought my crocheting with me and worked until it got dark (we got there about 90 minutes ahead of time to get a good parking place). After the movie began, I couldn't see my work. I would have gotten several more rows done on my afghan.

We're also going camping this weekend. Sure would be great to work during the night hours.

I don't have lighted crochet hooks yet, but I will they sure be nice to have during power outages.. stormy lighting nights.... Its hard to crochet by candle sometimes. I plan to buy the whole set with time. I already have a whole set of clovers when Hobby Lobby had their 50% off sale. and I love the clover hooks.

on row 9 of the Entrelac stitch baby blanket.

since the nice weather is here been unpacking more...unloaded 7 more boxes today.... crochet nights and mornings for a while for me. Like to get all the unpacking done before fall.

I got my hook and finally got my nephew's afghan done except for the ends being worked in. I thought the shaft of the hook seemed some how thicker. I am a Susan Bates hook user. all in all, I really didn't care that much for it.

I had a hard time working with the sage green yarn. it really made my eyes tired!

Lorry

Christi, and everyone else, I'm glad you like them, I bought some last month but haven't used them yet since the only thing I've been crocheting are amigurumi's and I keep thinking I'm going to break the hook when I crochet super tight.

Anybody have experience with that?

I got some Clover Crochet Lite hooks today! They're fantastic! They're not available out here in Australia yet, so I ordered them from the US and they're wonderful! I love them, I recommend them to anyone.

Archived