I got some lighted hooks today!!!

CDBear

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait to try one myself. I keep waiting for Joanns, Michaels, or my LYS to have them - but all they ever seem to have are the lighted knitting needles. Humph! Guess I'm gonna have to order one online.:hook

I can't wait to try one myself. I keep waiting for Joanns, Michaels, or my LYS to have them - but all they ever seem to have are the lighted knitting needles. Humph! Guess I'm gonna have to order one online.:hook

I've seen them in the store and wondered what the point of them was. Do they really light up enough to work in the dark?

They are wonderful Rosemary! I used them riding in the car at night. Some ladies have said they work really well for really dark colored yarn as well. I hope you get a chance to try one!

I now have 3 F-G & H. I am not sure about working at night, but They are fantastic for dark colors. I was working with a hunter green, which is almost black) and it was so easy to see the loop with the hook.

I recommend them. For me the length is just perfect, which I worried about, as I did not like the clover soft touch as they are shorter.:hook

Well the original poster beat me to it as I was going to brag about my crochet lite hooks. Aren't they just the bomb!!!!!! I just bought one down in Maryland at Joann's. Got the G Hook! I love them too. Ok this has nothing to do with crochet but Joann's had FABULOUS paint brushes for .50 cents, Bought 16 of them as I love to watercolor and paint with acrylics.

I'm going to use my coupon and get one.

P.S. I got some good brushes for 25 cents each. Wonder if they were the same ones? They said japanese watercolor brushes on them.

I'm going to use my coupon and get one.

P.S. I got some good brushes for 25 cents each. Wonder if they were the same ones? They said japanese watercolor brushes on them.

Hi! That's a steal too! No these are Loew-Cornell soft comfort. The handle is blue and got a nice rubber grip added. Very nice.

Guess I'm in the minority. I did not like the lighted size C hook I got at JoAnn's. :thumbdown:yuck

Just too bright for my older eyes and the "squitch" sound as I worked with the thread was getting on my last nerve. :irk

I'm content once again since I switched back to my Susan Bates hook.

I just ordered two from Jo-Anns. We don't have a Jo-Anns in our area so I ordered them on-line. How long does it usually take to receive stuff from them? I can't wait for them to get here!

I just ordered two from Jo-Anns. We don't have a Jo-Anns in our area so I ordered them on-line. How long does it usually take to receive stuff from them? I can't wait for them to get here!

My order took about a week. Not bad - they should send you a tracking number so you can see where your package is at.

I LOVE these hooks! I find them to be extremely smooth sliding through the yarn and did not notice any 'molding ridge' as was mentioned earlier in this thread.

The light is quite bright and I must say I use them more with the light off than on - though it does come in handy as I get more tired or when the daylight starts to fade and I don't feel like getting up to switch the overhead on.

Someone had mentioned if they would be prone to break when crocheting tightly... I would think, just like wooden hooks, you'd probably want to be careful and switch to an aluminum hook if the stitching is super-tight!

I got mine the other day, which was only 4 or 5 days after I ordered my stuff. I thought that was really fast. I like the hook. I got an H hook, and it seems good for the dark yarn, black, navy blue, and dark green. I started making some things for some swaps that required darker yarn, and this is helpful with that for sure!

My hooks arrived this morning! I think they're really neat. Now I'm ready for the next power outage. LOL I got a J and a K since those are the sizes I use the most. I also got a booklet of baby patterns "Patons Astra Cutie Patootie".

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I've been wondering if they work in the dark. My husband keeps telling me I'm going to ruin my eyes. My eye doctor already warned me about working in the daytime :P.

When he shuts the lights off to watch a movie, I keep working by holding the fabric up between the TV screen and my eyes so I can see the stitches.

• 4 months later...

Flex, ask the manager to order some. One day I was in Michaels and was asking one of the workers she was right by me sorta when I was looking at yarn for another project at that time, anyways I ask her if she knew when and IF they were getting the lighted crochet hooks. she had a funny look on her face and said they make them in crochet hooks now? and I said yes, AS it turned out she was the who orders the yarn and one of the ***. manager--something like that. I know I didn't catch all of what she said what she was. she said shes going to order them.

Well last week we went to Michaels looking for a certain color of yarn in blues for another crochet project. Looking for a perfect-right shade of blue:eek . There isn't so I am using Blue Denuim instead. anyways and there was the lighted crochet hooks and half off as that.

I bought 4 more G, H, I, J..:yay

I went home on :c9 ......

I bought a G and an I they were all out of the H's of course! I too bought mine when they were on half off at Michael's. The leds hurt my eyes a bit I think they are a tad too bright. I have not tried using it in the dark as of yet. I wasn't sure if I would like them because they have that boye type head. I am a Susan Bates head person anyway it is not half bad. The handle is quite comfortable just wish they had the H's when I was there.

I love my lighted hooks. And I sometimes use them during the day too. I'm just starting to get a bit farsighted, and that's made working with darker wools very difficult. So when I have a dark color on my hook, I switch over to the lighted hook. Works like a charm. My Mom who has very very poor vision, she can't even make out her grandkids until they start to speak, has now started crocheting again after years of being unable to do so b/c she couldn't tell where her hook was. So it has been a great invention, as far as I'm concerned. I was a bit leery b/c I thought I wouldn't like a plastic hook, but I was pleasantly proven wrong!

Terry

I've got the G and H lighted hook from crafters choice and I love it so far, eventually I'd like to have all the sizes. I like how I can still crochet in the dark and not disturb anyone plus it helps w/ the electric bill since I don't have to have the lights on to see. If hubby and I ever take a trip I'll use it then too since I've discovered crocheting in a vehicle doesn't make me feel sick(I can't read in a moving vehicle).

I have about 8 sizes, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k.

Ive only have use one crochet hook so far, but I love using it. I bought them mainly for when the power goes out. My husband could not belive how bright they were. He said it would make a great flashlight too cause its so bright.

I saw this kind

http://tinyurl.com/2qude4 NeedleLite ComfortGrip Lighted Crochet Hooks

when you mentioned it, I couldn't believe you all were buying so many.

but I see now which ones you were talking about though I think I like the needlelite ones better even if I can't afford them

wow I had never seen those may have to invest in just one they look pretty cool

Archived