Scarf KAL

sammimag

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, I only printed the instructions. I have never knitted or crocheted anything from a chart LOL. After starting over ( this is after the fisrt 8 rows of garter st) I finally figured it out, and I have to admit it....I LOVE this pattern!!!! I went on knitting help ( I think) and looked at videos of how to purl correctly...and more importantly how to purl 2 tog thru tbl. THAT is where I was making my mistakes. Now I am on row 25 and I a can really see what my work is producing. I love it. Yes, the pattern is kind of a strain ( maening you really have to pay attention, instead of mindlessly knitting away.....which I like to do LOL.... But the pay off is very much worth it.

Lis, I really like that color also. Great for fall. :manyheart

I finished my Magic Scarf and then tried to start the pattern that I posted earlier, but I was watching TV and kept losing track of what row I was on so I stopped. I'm making it in a silk/wool yarn that isn't going to handle a lot of frogging very well, so I decided to set that aside until I could concentrate on it a little better, and started a Basketweave scarf by Ann Bud. The pattern is free if you register here -

http://www.knittingdaily.com/freepatterns/scarves_belts/Basketweave_Scarf_by_Ann_Budd30-1.html

I really like this pattern. I'm making it in Bernat Satin, the color Banana, a nice soft yellow. The card is full on my digital camera, but I'll try to download some off and then take pictures of my finished scarf and the current status of this one.

I also started the Palindrome scarf last night! I guess I have knitting ADD in addition to crochet ADD. :P Anyway, I had a hard time with the cables, but I think it is because the only cable needle I have is tiny (thin) and I'm using Patons SWS and size 9 needles. When I went to knit from the cable needle the stitches had "shrunk" up and I couldn't get my needle in the stitch. It was so tight, I was afraid I was going to break the yarn. I couldn't even get them to transfer back on to the left needle they were so tiny. So I frogged.

Today at lunch I went to Joann's to get a larger cable needle and ended up getting a set of size 9 bamboo DPNs by Clover. (All the Clover things are 30% off this week, btw). I think it will work out well. I am knitting with size 9 Clover bamboo straight needles and I love them with this yarn! I had tried some bamboo needles with the Red Heart Essentials for the magic scarf and didn't like them at all - no slide. But since this yarn has silk in it, it seems to work well. The yarn moves easily but doesn't fly off the end of the needle like it does on the metal.

I guess that's all part of the learning process. It's fun to see how the different yarns work with different needles. I still haven't found a needle - or hook for that matter - that I like with 100% non-mercerized cotton (i.e. Sugar n Cream). That stuff just seems to stick to everything and my stitches come out all uneven. Anyone else have that problem with the cotton? :think

I am finding that I'm getting addicted to not just knitting, but to knitting scarves! It's fun to try the different patterns and it doesn't take forever to finish one. Nearly instant gratification, I guess that's the draw. :lol

Happy knitting everyone! :c9

I'm joining the scarf KAL. I just remembered that the Red Scarf Project moved up the months to send your scarves in to this month--:eek! Last year I made five, but I think this year I'll only get the one done. However, I'll attach a Starbucks gift card or something like that to it to make up for the ones I didn't make. The pattern is off the Sewing Geek's website, and is letting me work on memorizing that k2tog for everyone else is ssk for me. I am aiming to get to the point where I'll see that, read, oh right slant, and not have to think about it. And remembering how I did my laundry in college, this is made with good ol' Caron one pounder WW for ease of cleaning. Thanks for looking, Patty

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/DesertCrocheter/Scarves/IM004071.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Finally! And just in time for it to go to the Red Scarf Project. I made two, one knit, one crochet, and added Starbucks gift cards. Made with Caron One Pounder in claret (one of my favorite colors) so it's easily washable, using a pattern off the 'net. Thanks for looking, Patty

th_IM004080.jpg

clickable

I have been swallowed up by Ravelry but I am trying to get back here more often!

I've been a wipping the wips this month though. I am on the 13th and last bar repeat for my harry potter scarf.

Desert Crocheter your scarf looks great. I keep missing the red scarf project. I just might make some when I have the time and send them in when it some around again.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally finished the never ending HP scarf.

1798256653_257a4b97b9_m.jpg

Any one else finished anything or started something new?

I just cast on for the Dream Swatch that's on Knit and Tonic

Great HP scarf. Did you get the pattern from Charmed Knits? I am working 2 scaves same pattern different yarns. The pattern is on the back label of Bernat Super Stripes self striping yarn so of course I am using that yarn in red & black and the 2nd I am using Yarn Bee Icelandic Jewels in Peridot (green). This yarn is on sale by the way at Hobby Lobby this week for .99 cent I am trying to stay away and not buy any until I have used my stash.

I did the pattern from atypically knits, here.

If you ever decide to do it I recommend casting on less stitches to save yarn and time.

I just cast on the the PA scarf for Ravenclaw from charmed knits.

I have a scarf on my needles that is made from the Pointelle stitch from Lion Brand and I just haven't gotten back to it. I want it finished on off my needles so maybe this will make it happen :kick

http://tinyurl.com/yrvbap

I think you have to sign in to see the pic.

Mine is in a beautiful burgundy colour. :c9

Guess I had better go get it from the pile huh... :sigh

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, this thread hasn't been active in a while! Must be the rush of the holidays. :D

I finished knitting my scarf last night, I love how it came out! I have one question though: Do I post a pic in this forum, or can I post a pic of it with other scarves I have finished in the Accessories Forum? Or can I post in both? Would that be cross-posting? Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm sorry I didn't post this earlier than now, but here is my finished scarf. I used size 11 needles and Lionbrand Boucle and Fun Fur. Thank you for looking!

Nov242007JoyCrochet001.jpgNov242007JoyCrochet009.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi Iam learning to knitt Iam doing the 12 scarfs of 2009, I started with a knitt for Jan have done a crochet one for Feb, so March will be a knitt one.

I have done a simple garter stitch scarf, not sure what I will do for March, but will proberly make it up as I go along.

Archived