Scarf KAL

sammimag

Hello! I used the following link http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/70023.html?noImages=0 to make a Road Scarf! I tweeked it a little bit by only doing one repeat, using purple Vanna's Choice yarn, using smaller needles, and adding two sections of ribbing! It turned out to be 10" x 49" and can be used as a hat/scarf combo if tucked into my winter coat or just a nice scarf that goes down to my waist! :yay

P.S. I will definitely be using the mesh and seed stitches for future projects!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I worked on my scarf some more last night, I'm up to 80 rows, or 8 sections of the basket weave pattern, but I'm getting that itch to start something else.

Karla, your scarf turned out great and it's so cute! It will be perfect for my mom for Christmas, so I printed out the pattern and I'm going to start it tonight. I have some Caron Simply Soft in red, Mom's favorite color. I will accomplish two things at once - a Christmas present, and learning to increase and decrease. Plus the pocket thing. I hope I can do it!

I have several crochet projects in progress, but I can't seem to break away from the knitting now that I have the hang of it. Maybe it is because it is so new.

Yesterday when I was knitting while waiting in the drive through at Chik-fil-A, I was getting irritated because I had to keep taking my right hand out of the yarn to steer the car as I pulled forward.:P I couldn't help but think that if I could learn to knit continental, I wouldn't have to take my hand out of the yarn and then get it wrapped back around my pinky, etc. to start knitting again, because my right hand would be free! I tried and tried to learn continental but it was just too weird to have the yarn and the needled in my left hand, even though I crochet, and I was impatient to get going and the right-hand wrap was just more comfortable. But now I'm on a mission to learn it so that it will be easier to knit while doing other things...Hmmm, knitting might be a little more addictive for me than crochet was....:think

OK. Here it is!!! I am so proud of myself. Even the pocket part was not that big of a deal once I put my mind to it. I have already started another one.:lol

One in red will def. look smashing!!!:yay ( I met a woman last fall that had a red one on....It looked amazing. And you can't go wrong with Caron SS.:yes

Thanks for the courage to do this:hug

scarfonchairresize.jpg

http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t25/Dangerouscrochet/?action=view&current=resizegrnscarf.jpg

Beth that looks great! I love that color.

I didn't start mine this weekend. I helped my mom string, break, wash and can some (almost 2 bushels!) green beans. This is only my second year helping her do that. (She's 70 now and can't get the canner on and off of the stove by herself). Man, it's A LOT of work, but the results are well worth it!

Lis, What are you not liking about your cables??? :think I think they look great! And that yarn is a gorgeous color. I think you are being too hard on yourself, and I'm not just trying to be nice. That is going to be very pretty. :c9

Gotta echo Glenda here, Beth, that looks great indeed! :clap

I just cast on for Silver's Palindrome scarf (a reversible cable scarf) and have done a few repeats so far. This is my first cable project and I also blogged about it. I don't like how my cables are looking. Ick. :no

1114073422_834044a2f0_m.jpg

WOW! They look beautiful to me, and the color is amazing. Your doing great.

I want to join this. But I need to let my hand heal and finish a few WIP's first. I have 3 that are near done.

Thanks girls, I think my cables look a little uneven. I guess I can be overly critical of my own work. :D

I love the yarn too. It's KP's Shine Worsted in watermelon. I bought it initially to make the sweet pea shawl from Happy Hooker but I didn't like how it looked and all those dtr were a pain to crochet. :P

Lis,

Wow!! I think that looks amazing!!! You know what? I never really like what I have done either. I am working on changing my outlook, after all to put so much work in something , it becomes a part of you. It looks wonderful....Don't give up.

Beth,

Your Pocket scarf looks great! And I love the color! I hope you post a pic of the red one you're planning. Looking back, it's not all that hard eh? Great job! :yay

Lis, I love your cables too. I'm thinking of trying out cables soon. We'll see.

I still have not grafted together by 2nd scarf. My mom is in town visiting and she doesn't knit or crochet so I have been spending time with her doing other things. Maybe next week I can get back to knitting and crocheting.

Lis,

Wow!! I think that looks amazing!!! You know what? I never really like what I have done either. I am working on changing my outlook, after all to put so much work in something , it becomes a part of you. It looks wonderful....Don't give up.

Thanks, Beth. You've got a good point there. I think I should change my outlook too. I realised it's not only in knitting that I'm being hard on myself. It's in everything I do! Nothing ever seems good enough. That can't be healthy. :D

I've started on another scarf, Knitty's Branching Out and I love the pattern so much. I think it'll look great once it's completed and blocked. :cheer

1190069105_ba54ac2d35_m.jpg

Blog post about the project.

Thanks Beth, you're too kind! I used to think lace looked really complicated till I tried this pattern. I think it's a good one to start lace knitting on. What am I talking about? I don't even have a single knitted FO yet here I am, talking like I know a lot about knitting. Don't mind me. :D

Someone suggested on my blog that the lace will look more open if I use bigger sized needles so I might just frog the entire thing and reknit. Oh, I'm so looking forward to that. Not. :lol

Lis - Go ahead and finish the scarf, block it. Sometimes the lacy part 'loosen up' during the blocking process. Beside, it will give you another excuse to make another one with bigger needles. :wink

Hi, I just wanted to post an update on my scarf! I love how it is coming out, I'm using Lion Boucle:Sprinkles and white fun fur. It looks so scrumptious! :lol

Lis, that is beautiful! :manyheart

I am still working on my Magic scarf - it's now about 45" long! I have just a small ball of yarn left from the skien I started with, and I think I'll finish today or tomorrow. I am very happy with the way it is turning out.

I haven't started the pocket scarf yet. I didn't get around to it before I went on vacation last week, so I just took my Magic scarf and worked on it. Then I found this pattern:

http://brookenelson.com/leafscarfpattern.html

and now I'm in love with it and have to start it next! :c9 But I will get the pocket scarf done in time for my mom's christmas present...hopefully...:blush

Ohh, this scarf pattern also have a set of hat and fingerless gloves. Too bad, I have so many xmas projects or I would try the whole set. I bookmarked it in case. :P

I have an eye on two different scarves, a lace scarf with heart shapes in lace and a simple diagonal lace scarf that I can make instead. Decisions, decisions, and decisions!

Glenda, that's a really lovely pattern. I've added it to my queue that's growing at an alarming rate. :D

I've decided to use my Shine worsted for another project (probably a cami) so I frogged my Palindrome and started it again with another superwash wool I've lying around. Here's the progress so far:

Click to see bigger picture.

1301020349_f64662ce95_m.jpg

Palindrome scarf update blog post.

Ok, I have started the brookenelson scarf......... Will be 55TIMES this morning. I am doing something wrong, just have not figured out what yet. My stitch count is off when I do row 2. No clue why, because I am ok until that row. I am not giving up yet though, the scarf is to pretty ( & I am to stubborn LOL)

Sorry Dangerouscrochet just reading the pattern confussed me so I am of no help. It is a very pretty scart and I would love to try it myself. I am sure someone here will be able to help. Did you print the chart and the pattern?

I don't know if I am right. In the notes of the written pattern it says the stitches vary from 39 to 41 sts. So on every odd row(RS) you will have 2 more stitches but on the even rows (WS) you will do a decrease to bring you back to the 39 stitches you cast on.

I hope that helps!

Samantha is correct... It start with 39 stitches, but on next row, it will be 41 stitches. But it will be 39 stitches on end of all WS rows, 41 on end of all RS rows.

The reason for varied stitches, on one row, there is an increase, but on next row, a decrease have to be done, back and forth on following rows.

Note: Make sure you end up with 39 stitches before you start the garter stitch edge.

Archived