Pin Doll Angels

I recently made these angels--one for my angel-collecting Mom, to go with her doilies (which can be found here), and the other for my SO's Mom who has a birthday soon. She also crochets, and I thought this would make a nice gift for her.

I know I messed up on the red one, and I intend to make another one before I see my mom again. At the time I was crocheting it, I wasn't really focused, but I can probably tell you exactly where I went wrong. To a non-crocheter, it's probably not even noticable, but I sure know it! Anyway, the pattern is from Big Book of Crochet, which is one of the first books I purchased when I first started crocheting.

435956764_6b5c44ca7a_m.jpg 435957509_68ea09d348_m.jpg

435956604_22a24b019e_m.jpg

I really like this pattern and will probably use it again and again.

Enjoy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by calicocarolann viewpost.gif

Beautiful!!!! I especially like the red and white one, I like how the skirt fans out at the bottom.

Thanks, everyone!

It's actually sitting on a doily made with the same thread. :)

I was thinking why not continue with it and make it into a doily? I think that would be cute! Have the Angel be the center of the doily. Might be cute.

Yours sure is. You've done a GREAT job!!

Dadgummitt!!!

Those are gorgeous....now you have given me something else to put on my todo list. I have this book!!!!

What beautiful angels. You did a great job on them. I love the purple one. Isn't it amazing how just a simple change of colors changes the look? I love them.

How clever and pretty!

I have a friend who is a Native American. [she does beautiful bead work, btw.] One time while talking to her I mentioned that I had found a mistake in a doily after I had finished it.

She said, "Only God makes perfect things. I work a mistake into everything I make to keep myself humble."

I remember that when I make mistakes and try not to beat myself up, knowing that most people will NEVER notice anyway!

If you messed up *I* sure as heck can't tell where it may be!

Nice job! :cheer

:devil

Those are soooo pretty!!!! What nice gifts they would make. I was wondering if you could make them into angels and pin them onto a Christmas tree? :clap

Actually, you could add a ribbon to the back and hang them. The pin stand is optional. :) And, they are angels already.

-----

Thanks, thebratfink! I didn't beat myself up over it, but I was like "ugh...I can't believe I did that like that..."

Archived