Crinoline Lady CAL photo links post # 2

heart

Saaaaarrrrrraaaaaahhhhh ---- I got tired of working on the baby dress and picked up the ruffled crinoline lady. I don't know if this is gonna work but I wanted to try what Teresa did and (I don't know what you call it) but have the bodice and the very top part of the skirt in the same color, then start the ruffles with the multi color thread I have (you said you think you have the same multi). Thing is I don't know how far I should work with the blue before changing to the multi. Should I work in the blue until the ruffles start? It says to work for 21 rows...that means ending with row 5, right? Before starting the ruffles?

I know you said you used #10 thread and size 7 hook. Mine was curling up all over the place with a 6 hook. So I said, "what the hey! I'm gonna use a size 2 hook!" Do you think it'll work? I thought I'd use the blue instead of the white on the ruffles. Just using the 2 colors, the blue and the multi.

Here's a pic through row 8: th_1progress.jpg and it measures 5.5 wide x 2.5 long. I know she's gonna be big!

Whaddya think?

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just love coming in here and see your Crinoline Ladies. Keep posting pictures girls.:)

sondra

Thank you, mama! Come join us!

My Easter Crinoline Lady is finished. I only have to weave in ends, add embellishments and photograph her. This will happen sometime tonight after dinner. :D Thank you Heart. I can't wait to show her off!!! I am already planning the next 20 Ladies I want to make. (just kidding...only planning about 5 ahead. :lol )

Hopefully, I'll be online to see your pic tonight; if not I'll see her in the morning! Don't forget...email a pic to Crochet Memories, if you want to. That Easter pattern is so beautiful; I want to make that one, too.

Jeannie, Yes, I think that hook will work. It will be big, but very pretty. I'd probably do the skirt in blue then do the ruffels in the multi. I believe that would be really pretty, b/c you would see the blue through the ruffles. I did find a few places in the top part that didn't make sence, ( can't remember where off the top of my head) so I did what I wanted. Where it says to make the ruffle (with the bodice instructions, not the skirt instructions) That is for the top of the dress, but I just went into the front loops with a V st. (dc, ch1, dc) so it fanned out. and the parasol, mine kept curling up, so I frogged it and made one of my own. I'll look at it after while and try to get a pattern for it if you want. But the arms/neck/bodice turned out pretty.

123mama..Come on in any time. I love the photos too! :)

Here's what I have so far... I have been so busy and with about 6 projects going I am not spending a ton of time each day on it...just about 20 minutes...but I'm lovin it so far! I hope to get done by the time the Mystery CAL happens so I can use the thread...I love the color!

100_0173.jpg

Thanks Sarah for the help on the ruffled lady.

Lea, your skirt looks beautiful! Pretty work! What's the pattern...is that the Easter Lady? What thread is it and what size hook? It looks large...maybe it's the photo. Glad you got back to join us!

:hug:manyheart

Well, a little late never hurt anyone did it? I am sorry I didn't get to post this last night. Hubby wanted me to watch a basketball game with him and I couldn't find my camera. :blush But here she is...

EasterCrinolineLady.jpg

The Easter Girl Crinoline Lady. I love her. I think I will make more. (in every color.:hook )

I noticed Lea is making her as well. When you get to the hat joining, can you tell me how you find the instructions? I found them confusing so I just sort of winged it. My hat is not very stable. (it flops around a bit) I need to add some embellishments yet, but I haven't quite decided what I want to do. Hope you like her.

Well, a little late never hurt anyone did it? I am sorry I didn't get to post this last night. Hubby wanted me to watch a basketball game with him and I couldn't find my camera. :blush But here she is...

EasterCrinolineLady.jpg

The Easter Girl Crinoline Lady. I love her. I think I will make more. (in every color.:hook )

I noticed Lea is making her as well. When you get to the hat joining, can you tell me how you find the instructions? I found them confusing so I just sort of winged it. My hat is not very stable. (it flops around a bit) I need to add some embellishments yet, but I haven't quite decided what I want to do. Hope you like her.

She's beautiful Lavelle....I think the hat looks great! I'll let you know when I get to the hat...I am such a toddler with this stuff that I really wouldn't know if it was the pattern or me!! I am going to try her in #10 if this one comes out well....baby steps don't ya know!

Lavelle26..She is so beautiful! The lilac color is perfect for Easter too! I thought of adding a small bouquet of flowers and ribbons to their hands. I haven't done that yet, but I think it would be lovely. I will add the link to the second post too.

Laurie, I see your Crinoline Lady as your avatar, It looks great! The dark background really shows off the colors in the thread. It's beautiful!

I was actually thinking of adding flowers to the hat for a true "spring" feel. What do you all think? I would try to find some different kind of flowers in different sizes. I may even have to design my own little ones. I don't know where I could find such a thing.

I think you all have inspired me to make the Easter Crinoline too. I have that pattern, and since I'm still waiting on the one from Maggie's, I may start it this afternoon. Now...what colors...:)

You should! She is quick and easy. You can get her done this evening. :D The only trouble I had was with the hat. I couldn't figure out what she wanted us to do. When I do my next pattern, if I still have trouble, I may email Cylinda. She is always so helpful.

I haven't been able to work on any of the ladies because I've been sidetracked by a layette set for a co-worker who just found out she's about 14 weeks pregnant.

My next Lady will be the Patriotic Girl. That one has a ripple skirt and I figured it would be an easy one to do.

WOW! We sure do have a lot of beautiful crinoline ladies appearing. This is wonderful. I just finished my prayer shawl for my church donation. I have one other project to do and then I think I'm going to try the Spring crinoline lady for my next lady.

Keep up the great work! I hope more and more people join us.:hook

Lavelle: I just added my hat and arm on at the end. It was easier for placement rather than attaching it while I was crocheting the bodice. That's just my opinion.

Thanks for the tip yarnlover. I may do that next time. I just avoid sewing as much as I can. I was pleased when this girl's hat was crocheted on. I just wish it were worded better. I think I will just buckle and sew the next on one. I already have my color scheme picked out. Just need to choose a girl. I have three patterns, two of which I have made already. I may need to buy more though. :D (any excuse, right?:yes )

Here's what I have so far... I have been so busy and with about 6 projects going I am not spending a ton of time each day on it...just about 20 minutes...but I'm lovin it so far! I hope to get done by the time the Mystery CAL happens so I can use the thread...I love the color!

100_0173.jpg

Very pretty Lea

Suzy, I'm so sorry...somehow I missed your Crinoline Girl Doily. She is lovely and is in a beautiful color! And she looks pretty difficult...you did a great job!

Anna - VERY pretty. I ADORE purple!!!!

Lea - lookin' good!! Can't wait to see your finished product!!

Here is my springtime girl...darn, I need to block my things better..I see all kinds of places that are crooked. Oh well. I am also posting a pic of my FIRST attempt with #30 thread. I want to make a bunch of these...it's looks so nice in my curio underneath a votive holder.

th_IMAG0052-1.jpg

th_IMAG0074.jpg

That is beautiful Suzy. Am I too understand that you did her in size 30 thread??? Or the doily? I am a little confused.

Well, I broke down and bought 4 more Crinoline Ladies!!! That brings my collection up to 7 of Crochet Memories Ladies!!! Can you believe it? And all because of this CAL. Oh well...I am off to work on some things and then I will start another lady. :clap

Thank you everyone for the compliments on my Easter Girl. I like her too. ;) She will hang on the wall in my craft room.

Archived