Crinoline Lady CAL photo links post # 2

heart

Thanks Aussie! I'm actually going to stitch this one onto a soft hand towel to hang in my "Powder Room" :U We are supposed to be moving to a bigger house soon, (I hope) and am going to take the smaller bathroom and turn it into an old fashioned powder room. So It will dress the wall in there. Simple for looks, as I'd have a coniption fit if anyone touched it! lol :D

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, and Sarah, thank you for adding Sweet Pea to the post.

:ohdearI had misunderstood that those were going to be final pics.:oops

At first I thought the post was going to contain our progress pics as we worked on them until the final one. :blush

:manyheart:hug

Thanks Jeannie! Ditto to you! :D

She is 8" long and with the parasol, she is 10" long. Thru the widest point at the bottom, she is (ruffle to ruffle) 7 1/2" across.

I know what you mean, I have a ton of things to finish, they kinda piled up on me all at once. lol, but I will have a pattern in the mail soon from Maggies Crochet for another crinoline, so I'm anxiously waiting for that. ;)

Oh, and Sarah, thank you for adding Sweet Pea to the post.

:ohdearI had misunderstood that those were going to be final pics.:oops

At first I thought the post was going to contain our progress pics as we worked on them until the final one. :blush

It is for finished ones. I thought you were done. Do you want me to take it out?

It is for finished ones. I thought you were done. Do you want me to take it out?

No, no, no, no, no ... Sorry for the misunderstanding! I was backtracking too much! I guess I felt bad for asking you to take off the 1st one and wanted to explain. It was at first, in the beginning, that I thought our progress pics as well as the completed lady would be in #2 post. And when Teresa asked you not to post hers until she worked in all the loose ends, then so did I.

So, please keep Ms. Sweet Pea with the group. I sent Cylinda a pic and got some compliments from the creator herself! She is soooo sweet and such a wonderful person!

All of you who have made a Crochet Memories lady should email a pic to Cylinda. She would love to see her patterns made up by you.

I have started a little lady for my wall. I have about 1/4 of the skirt done. I will be working on her more tomorrow. I have something else I need to get done tonight. :D I can't wait to get her done so I can buy more!!! These ladies are so sweet.

I'm not sure what just happened, but my monitor just went dim. The colors aren't very bright. So If I happen to not be on for a day of two, my monitor might have went out. Just posting ahead of time, just in case. It has never done that...Is that how they go? The lights dim, then they go out? It is about 3 or 4 years old..hhmmm. Hopefully it will still work for a few days till I can either get this figured out or buy a new one. Say a prayer for me! :D

You betcha! I pray for your monitor to keep working and that there is no serious problem with it. I guess it's okay to say it here that I believe that God cares about every little thing in our lives. I know He's answered prayers for me when I lose something, whether it be my keys or even a sewing needle so that no one gets it stuck in their foot!

In the thread for Jessie's comfortghans, Poison Apple's pkg hasn't arrived so I suggested we all join in to pray that it will arrive tomorrow. Also for anyone else's who hasn't arrived.

God blesses us all!:hug:manyheart

Sarah your crinoline lady is gorgeous. I can't imagine doing all those ruffles. I didn't see where that pattern was located. She does look like Mary Poppins. How wonderful!

Praise the Lord! Thank You! This should help to find it. It says archive/ pot holder lady on the pattern. The Crinoline its self looks vintage to me.

Click this link, http://home.inreach.com/marthac/bed.html

then look on the right column, it is the 12th link down, it says "Crinoline Lady (has picture; thread; needs adobe reader; web archive page)"

You're welcome. She's actually pretty easy. I just had to put it down every so often. You know, sometimes repitition can drive you nuts! :) Also I made a few modifications to the embellishments, I just did what I thought would look good.

Well, I took another break today from things I was supposed to be working on and I am happy to announce that I am almost done with my Crinoline Lady. I only have the Bodice left to do so I am guessing that she will be done on the morrow. (its getting too late tonight - really got to get some work done) I can't wait to show her to you all. She is beautiful! :)

Just checking in, Anyone have a photo to post? I'm still waiting on my pattern from Maggie's Crochet. Hopefully it will be here today or tomorrow. I'd like to start on it before the Mystery CAL for begenning Threadies begins. :)

My Easter Crinoline Lady is finished. I only have to weave in ends, add embellishments and photograph her. This will happen sometime tonight after dinner. :D Thank you Heart. I can't wait to show her off!!! I am already planning the next 20 Ladies I want to make. (just kidding...only planning about 5 ahead. :lol )

:) Wonderful! Will be waiting ever so patiently. ;) I just love to look at photos of these! I thought about trying to make one out of lace, then embroidering the top onto some kind of fabric. We shall see....

I am really enjoying working on my Springtime Girl. using yellow and lavendar for the trim. I just had to email Cylinda though..I am having trouble understanding a row on her hat! ( I will probably feel very dumb )

Ladies I dont know if I will ever want to touch my yarn again. Thread is wonderful. ALL THREAD....LOL. I want to do so much!!!! I wont have time for my yarn. (ok I am only half serious - I still love my yarn and will get back to it, but I dont know when)

Archived