Crinoline Lady CAL photo links post # 2

heart

Well I went to Spotlight tonight and bought some thread. I then went and bought the wreath,xmas,easter,sweetpea,valentine,pilgrim and the red and purple patterns. I couldnt just buy one pattern.:D

Now looking at the patterns the easter one looks the easiest. I havent used thread before and I havent used a smaller hook size than a 3.5mm before either so it will be interesting to see how I go.

How is everyone else going.

Wow! Wendy, you have more than me now! I am tickled pink that everyone is so excited over this! :yay

The Easter one is pretty easy, I do have that one, but the Sweet Pea one is about an inch or so smaller, and looking at the picture, it looks like it would be pretty easy too. :)

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suzy that is beautiful.:clap What are you going to do with yours.

I am on the 3rd row. Its so strange crocheting with a small hook and thread.

When I go back to my G Hook it will feel like Im crocheting with a M hook or something like that.

Thank you, ladies!

It's actually a very light lavendar color = but it does look white in the photo.

I am pretty sure I will put mine in a frame!!

Aussie, which one are you working on???? OH Der - just saw your siggy - the Easter one!! :)

Sorry Jeannie, I just now had a few minutes to hop on the pc today.

Well, shame on you, Sarah! You should be hopping on the pc 24/7! :lol I mean, after all, it's not like you have kids and a hubby to look after! You know I'm teasing!

I took the plunge! Bought one of Cylinda's packages today and started off with Sweet Pea. I've worked on it a little over an hour and am on row 12. Had to do a little bit of frogging cause of not paying attention!

It calls for pink and green as well as the white but all I have is blue and a green that I think is too dark. I just bought nearly one of every color of worsted for afghan squares; now I have to buy all the colors of #10 thread! I'm gonna try the blue and see how the green works out. After all, there's only a smidgen of green in the pattern.

If it wasn't for all these CALs, I could finish my other work! :lol:rofl

I gotta go find out how to put the button on my blog now.

Jeannie, You're too funny! I'm glad you are doing this CAL! :U

I don't feel too funny now. How do you add the CAL button to your blog. I just cannot understand Donna's instructions.

I don't feel too funny now. How do you add the CAL button to your blog. I just cannot understand Donna's instructions.

right click on it and save as to your puter, save it somewhere you can find it easily, so you can go back and add it in a minute, then go to your blog..

on your layout page, click add a page element..(mine is on the right side of the screen)

then when the box pops up click add a picture

click browse, and select the button then click add

(it doesn't have html, it is just for loooks, I think. At least mine isn't clickable)

When I attach my name doilies down to a mat board I actually sew it down with the same matching crochet thread I used to make the doily. I tape my thread to the back of the board and poke up through the board and grab the doily and then back down all the way around. It is a lot of work and it can be hard on the fingers, but it is worth it. I'm afraid that glue would discolor the doily years down the road. Just a suggestion!

My sister works at a nursing home that has the Lords prayer hanging on their dining center wall and it was glued down and where ever the glue was placed the doily has turned yellow and the saying is all done in white thread. It made me sad to see all that hard work being destroyed by glue. BUT maybe craft glue won't discolor, maybe it was the kind of glue they used AND I don't know how old the doily was.

I'm going to start my lady tomorrow night. I now have 3 ladies to choose from. I don't know which one to do now.

Thank you Heart for really taking on this CAL. It makes me happy that so many people are excited about my suggestion for the Crinoline Lady CAL!

I told Cylinda that we were doing this and she said: "I’m so glad everyone is enthusiastic over the crinolines. They are fun to create and with a group of others working on the same project, all the more fun. "

Thank you Teresa for the nudge and the idea! B/c it is so much fun! It's not my CAL, It's all of ours. And isn't Cylinda a doll! She's so sweet. Thanks for the glue tip. I hadn't thought of that. It would be terrible to make something so precious, then have it ruined with dark spots.

I've added a few new links, they are in the thread, and the first post to make it easy to find.

Oh wow, VERY good tip about the glue. I will definitely sew mine on...HAHA if I ever get around to actually doing it.

I have a spool of #30 thread here I want to play with...I am going to hunt down a fast, easy project.....I played around with #20 and did not have a hard time. I have something in #80 that I want to do..but I guess I better work my way up.

And another one, it is a pinneapple one, ou do have to wait for the Maggies Crochet patterns to ship. I'm not sure how long that takes, there were a few others from that site posted too. I'm going to order one tomorrow, so I will post back when it arrives. Hopefully it won't take very long.

http://www.maggiescrochet.com/pages/Home/pa148_pineapple_crinoline_doily_main.htm

Om'gosh, Sarah...those ARE beautiful. Doggonit!! You should not have showed us - now I will want to order!! LOL

I have ordered from Maggie's and it took longer than I would've liked, to tell the truth, but I honestly can't tell you exactly HOW long. It was just recently, too. Hmm....I mean - it took several days.

Oh Suzy...You shouldn't have told me that...Now, I feel I shall cry!...(geesh, you think the Southern Belle is comming out in me!):rofl :rofl :rofl

I think I will order the mini peach and pink/white pattern in the morning. It is just too cute!

right click on it and save it somewhere you can find it easily, then go to your blog..on your layout page, click add a page element..(mine is on the right side of the screen) then when the box pops up click add a picture. click browse, and select the button then click add. (it doesn't have html, it is just for loooks, I think. At least mine isn't clickable)

I thought you had to upload it to your photo site 1st (mine is photobucket). I did want a clickable one but I guess it's not necessary for this. It was so easy to put in Cylinda's button but then her site has a place where you copy the code. And it's clickable.

Thanks, Sarah!

Sarah, thanks for co-hosting this CAL. I seem to follow you around, don't I? Did you make that Cameo Girl with size 30 thread and a size 12 hook called for in the pattern? I've never worked with thread that small. You did a beautiful job; she is gorgeous! Thanks for answering my questions. And congratulations on your new sewing machine for your birthday...sweet Mom! Also, thanks for listing all the pattern links so we can all go broke!:lol

Anna, the button is beautiful! Perfect for these beautiful ladies! And thanks for answering one of my questions. Hey, I'm originally from Louisiana. Born in the northern part of the state but lived most of my growing up days in Baton Rouge.

Suzy, that pattern is gorgeous! Your progress so far is just as gorgeous! And I couldn't see the lady in the Cameo Girl pattern either! I have no idea how Sarah got that beautiful lady out of there!

Teresa, I love your idea about putting names and pic links in the 1st post. Thanks for co-hosting! I'm scrolling through right now looking for pics, etc. Trying to catch up since I just joined. Thanks for sharing your ideas of what you can do with these ladies. Do you buy these mat boards in the art section of Michael's or Hobby Lobby?

I can't comment on everything I read but it was fun reading everything! This is a small, cozy group, isn't it?

I didn't realize there were so many crinoline lady patterns out there. I especially love the ones from the book that is available on ebay. Then the ones at maggie's! I'd better get one done first before I go hog wild buying up a bunch of patterns! Thanks for all the links!

I used to get my velvet boards from a lady who owned a framing shop. I haven't mounted one for a few years. I wonder if Hobby Lobby or Michaels might sell something in their framing area of their store.

Archived