Crinoline Lady CAL photo links post # 2

heart

I'm not sure. Here's a photo up to Row 5. It doesn't look right to me. What am I doing wrong?

DSCF0132.jpg

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did discover one thing this morning -- I was using a size 10 hook. Silly me, that's the thread count. Anyway, this morning I started over with the size 8 hook and have gotten back to Row 3.

I'm not going to be able to work on it much this weekend because I'm taking my grandson to a college baseball game this afternoon and I have guests coming over tomorrow afternoon.

:tup:jumpyay:yayAussie, she is gorgeous! Looks like you did a fine job! :cheer:clap:applause

As a matter of fact, everybody's pics look so pretty and all these smileys belong to all of us! :ghug

Getting ready to post my progress! Look out! :lookout

:U:hug:manyheart

Here's my progress! She's all pinned up right now. Have to finish making the sweet peas, which takes all of 4 seconds. Have to work in all the loose ends, which will take the rest of my life! ugh! And then put her all together and stuff. It's like playing with dolls again! I was up till 2:30 this morning getting to this point!

Now, without further ado, here she is! In front of her is one of the little green parts of a sweet pea and the long point of a hat pin (that pin was handy, so I used it). Think I'm gonna redo that sweet pea...stitches are loose and tight--inconsistent.

:manyheart:hug

I don't know what I was doing wrong last night on the skirt but today I started over and it's going along great. I'm up to Row 11 already!! To bad I'll have to put it down in a little while.

Laurie and Teresa, thank you for your compliments!

And Laurie, I'm so glad it's working out for you!

Teresa, I thought you had posted pics but I searched and didn't find any. If you've worked on name doilies before, I'm sure yours will be very lovely with the light blue and ecru. Did you make the Easter lady?

Remember I had asked a bunch of questions about what to do with these ladies? Is it all right with those of you who answered my questions if I use what you said in my blog? When I post my pic, I want to give that info to readers so they will also know.

Sarah and Teresa, I remember you gave me some good info and if it's okay with you, I'd like to use it. I'll mention that my 'sisters' at the Ville helped me out.

Thank You!

:hug:manyheart

~ ♥ ~

Yes, I'm making the Easter lady. I'm on row 16. You can use whatever I said, but I can't remember what your questions were exactly now.

When you say you haven't seen any of my pictures posted? Do you mean of name doilies or of any of my work?

Was that about mounting them on Velvet board? Here is a picture of my name doily mounted on velvet board. I was able to take a decent picture of it. http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/yarnlover66/Crochet%20Projects/namedoily.jpg NOt sure if I should post this picture on our crinoline lady thread, but at least it shows the velvet and how rich it makes the doily look.

I looked on line for a framing website that might show. I did, but no pics of velvet board. I found places that sold it. I'm just going to try Hobby Lobby or Michael's this time. My local frame shop closed up that I used to use. It is nice to take your doily with you and lay it on the colors to see which one you like before buying.

Back to crocheting.....I'm anxious to get my skirt done.:hook

Teresa, I wasn't sure if you were making Sweet Pea or the Easter one. Row 16...great! Keep it up! I know what you mean about being anxious to finish up. I was up till 2:30 this morning working on mine!

About the pics, I haven't seen any pics of your work on the crinoline ladies. I thought you had posted.

And, yes, my questions were about the velvet board. I'm gonna call the craft stores once I post this to see if they'll know what I'm talking about. You found places online that sell it? That really doesn't help though, does it. You can't lay your project out on the different colors. Yep, it's always a good idea to take your project with you when looking for other materials to go with it.

Thank you for taking all that time to try to find more information about the boards. That was very kind and sweet of you to spend your time helping out. And thanks for allowing me to use what you said.

:manyheart:hug

~ ♥ ~

Yes, I'm making the Easter lady. I'm on row 16. You can use whatever I said, but I can't remember what your questions were exactly now.

When you say you haven't seen any of my pictures posted? Do you mean of name doilies or of any of my work?

Was that about mounting them on Velvet board? I couldn't get a good enough picture of my name doily to show the velvet through the glass. I even looked on line for a framing website that might show. I did, but no pics of velvet board. I found places that sold it. I'm just going to try Hobby Lobby or Michael's this time. My local frame shop closed up that I used to use. It is nice to take your doily with you and lay it on the colors to see which one you like before buying.

Back to crocheting.....I'm anxious to get my skirt done.:hook

:yay:jumpyayYeah, Teresa, looking great!:cheer:clap It looks easier than Sweet Pea. She's all full of dc! and she has too many parts!

• skirt with white, change to blue, back to white and back to blue and the blue bodice
  • arm with blue at the hand
  • blue hat
  • 4 sweet peas...a little bit of green with a little bit of blue

Does Easter Lady have lots of parts? I want one that's worked in one piece! :heehee And thread that's larger than size 10 and maybe size 4 hook. Probably don't make 'em like that, huh...wouldn't be as dainty, I guess. Oh well!

My pattern calls for size 10 thread and size 8 hook. I'm using a 7 hook because I don't own an 8 and I wanted to get started. The Easter one is done all in one color, but I'm changing colors on mine. I'm getting ready to do the bottom ruffle of the dress in light blue. I think that there are 4 pieces. Skirt, bodice, hat and arm. She is going rather quickly so far. You wouldn't have to add all the sweet peas. You could embellish it with bows instead. YOu could probably make your crinoline lady out of any size thread you wanted. It would be unique!

I had to stop for lunch and to watch the ISU women's basketball team at the NCAA Tournament in Minneapolis. We won!

Now I'm back crocheting. I don't want to stop. I'm anxious to see how she looks when she is done.

Everyones progress looks great!! :U

Aussie and Jeannie, I added your finished photo/post links into the second post too. So everyone can find them easier. Keep up the good work everyone! I can't wait for my patterns from Maggies Crochet to arrive! :D

OoOh, Sarah - it's beautiful. And Wendy, and Jeannie - Beautiful - Jeannie I love the blue :)

Theresa - love that name doily! I have yet to try my hand at filet. That's next on my list. Your girl is coming along beautifully, too!

Laurie - I am glad you figured out your technical difficulty! Amazing the trouble using a diff size hook can cause :) Can't wait to see your progress!!

I hope I didn't leave anyone out!!!! My profuse apologies if I did!! :)

Well, I bought some Green, Purple, and White Royale #10 thread last night. Gotta see what I want to do with it now. Along with some #80 black thread to make the fingerless mits pattern I purchased from katchkan's site.

I was going to wait and post a picture after I had all my threads hidden, but I have to go to my sister's bday party tonight. AND I was just too excited to wait! Will post another picture when she is all done....but until then...here she is...

(BY THE WAY--How do you do it so that your picture is little and then it can be clickable to make it larger) I'd do that if I knew how!!

crinolilneladymarch2007.jpg

HEART: Don't post this picture as my completed one. Wait until I have all of her threads woven in. THANX!!!!

Teresa, she is beautiful! What else can you say about these ladies. They are simply beautiful and gorgeous and lovely!

Sarah, could you please remove mine from Post #2 since I haven't finished it? I agree with Teresa...I don't want all those loose threads hanging around! Thanks, Sweetie! or Mrs. Sweet Pea! That's what an aunt of mine called me when I was a kid and teenager.

Archived