Crinoline Lady CAL photo links post # 2

heart

Here is my skirt with all the ruffles. I have chains coming out my ears! lol. It's a bit blurry in spots, I scanned it, with the lid up and a piece of card stock over it so it wouldn't smash flat. I'm working on the top now. It is turquoise and peach.

csruffles.jpg

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you. My next one will be the Patriotic Girl. I need one that looks a bit easier.

Wow! All those ruffles!!

Laurie your Easter Lady is wonderful and beautiful. I love the variegated thread. It truly does make her look Easter-y.

Sarah--What pattern are you making that calls for the ruffled skirt? Gorgeous! Did you finish the first one you posted? The variegated one. I thought you said something about having the trim yet to finish up. Am I confused?

:ty:blush For the first one, I just did a row of sc and left it that way, b/c it has a scallop shape. For the one I'm working on right now I used this pattern. The actual link is to long and won't click. but click this link.. http://home.inreach.com/marthac/bed.html

It's on the right column, down about 10 or 12 links.. says Crinoline Lady, it is a web archive from the pot holder lady. It is also in the first post under free patterns.

EDIT:

This is the skirt I posted the other day, it just has the ruffles added.

Saaaraaaah! I gotta work on the baby dress! Now I see the ruffled crinoline lady and you give me a new challenge. I just gotta try it! I so wanted to make the Easter lady after I finish the baby dress. Oooooooooh! Missies! I just don't know what I'm a gonna do!

:D:D:D I'm in the same boat!!! I have to start my project for my Secret Pal Reveal, and I started a # 10 thread baby dress that I need to work on from the Annies Attic book Frilly frocks, and I'm waiting on a pattern to ship from Maggies Crochet..a Crinoline Lady..what will I ever doo??? ;)

Didn't see you online Sarah! What size thread and hook are you using for ruffles?

# 10 thread and a size 7 hook. I wasn't about to attempt this in the # 30 thread it calls for...plus, I didn't have any that size! :D

I've got some DMC multicolor. I don't know what colors cause I'm, you know, partially color blind (PCB), but I think it has blue and yellow in it. DMC doesn't put the color name on the label, just a #. Mine is 5109. Gonna try the 7, maybe even a 6 hook!

BTW, that's neat putting the links in the 2nd post, especially the one from Teresa about what you can do with these lovely ladies. I think other CALs should know about this, too.

:D Thanks! That idea also came from Teresa (yarnlover66) I had a few people post telling me how to get the individual posts...just click the post # So simple...and I had to ask! :D

I think I have that same DMC color...I threw away the label to so I can't check, but it has yellow, blue, green, and pink. I just love it!

Yep, It has those colors in it; Robert just said so :haha.

You gotta quit throwing away those labels, Sweetie! Didn't you read that in one of my posts? I have so many balls of thread and I have no idea what size they are. Most all of them are ecru, white, metallic thread and other non-exciting stuff. Anyway, now I tuck the labels inside the tubes so I will have all that good info.

Here's my Sweet Pea (oops! sweet pea on the right's a little crooked...gotta fix that!) (clickable):

th_finishedsweetpea.jpg

Any suggestions for further embellishments or a different way of using the ribbon? I thought about weaving ribbon through the hat or somewhere or maybe putting a sweet pea on the hat. I though I had seen a pic with something green on the hat but now I can't find it. Must've dreamed it!

And here's my thread stash now (not including all my old stuff, the 3 big balls of white for Teddy Bear Tree Skirt or 4 balls of blue for the Rose Vase Doily). I know...this is soooo boring....

th_thread.jpg

Jeannie -- I think she looks lovely as is. But if you wanted to add more embellishment, would it be possible to add some peas to the bottom rows of the skirt? I've not looked at the pattern so I don't know how easy or hard that would be.

Oooh, Laurie - I love how yours turned out with that thread!! Very pretty!!!

Sarah - just gorgeous. Must take lots of patience!!!!!

Jeanne I love your Sweat Pea!! She's lovely!! and I LOVE you stash pic. I love looking at stashes.:drool

I am now working on the Springtime Lady from Cylinda's site. IN yellow - and I Just LOVE this Royale Thread!!!!!!!

I am also working my mits with the #80 thread. And I am doing it!! Actually doing it. I've frogged like 3 times, but each time I get a bit better at my tension!

Thanks! Suzy! :)

Jeannie, She is gorgeous!!!! Do you want me to add her like this or wait till you embellish her with the ribbon?

Here is my latest! Once the skirt was done, It was easy to finish the bodice. I did make a few changes, to the bonnet, parasol, and top of dress ruffle, just so they were easier to work. Also the parasol is straight, but I took the photo outside, and the wind was blowing it around, so I just used the "best" pic I had. Here she is...clickable...

th_Captured2007-3-1900001.jpg

:D Praise the Lord! I definately said a prayer on this one! :D

I think she looks like Mary Poppins with that umbrella! lol

Jeannie, I went ahead and added your Beautiful Sweet Pea Lady, I'll change it if you post another photo of her. ;) Love that stash by the way!

Yay! WOW! :cheer:clapSarah, she is beautiful! I put mine down for now; haven't even gotten to the ruffles yet. I'm trying to be disciplined and finish the baby girl's dress. You know, I think you're on to something. I haven't prayed about my crochet and I do pray about many little things as well as the big. Just pick up hook and thread and go. But now I pray that I leave everything else alone until I finish the dress!

Thank you, ladies, for all your nice compliments...we really like those kudos, don't we? :haha

I do want to display her in a frame. I have an appt tomorrow so she and I may stop off at some stores to see what we can find that's not too expensive.

Sarah, what are you going to do with Mary Poppins? BTW, How tall and how wide did she work out to be?

Archived